• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Dropbox Folder Sync
I'm not sure if this is possible ... 

But for me, a way to auto sync to a Dropbox folder would be great.

I write all our charts in Finale then export to PDF and keep them in separate Dropbox folders.

When I write new charts or update old ones, I will open all the tablets, open MSP, import from Dropbox into MSP (to which I still haven't figured out the import settings for overwrite, create new, ignore duplicate, etc).

If there were a way to have MSP stay in sync with whatever Dropbox folder one selects, that would be amazing. So, when MSP opens, it checks the folder and downloads whatever is in there. I keep a folder called "UPDATES ONLY". So when I make an update to a chart or write a new chart, I toss it in that DBox folder. MSP could sync to that folder and grab whatever is in there and auto-import it to my library.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Well, it isn't possible within MSP. 

I suggest you use Foldersync or Dropsync (available from Playstore) to sync your dropbox folders with your folders on your Android device.

I've been doing that for some time myself (first with dropsync which works flawlessly and is updated often but is more expensive and works only for one Dropbox account, lately additionally with Foldersync which is cheaper and handles
a lot more cloudservices and multiple accounts) for syncing and backup reasons. I never needed a MSP backup because of that.

If you update scores and there are no changes of the page count you don't even have to change anything in MSP since it just uses the updated sheet.

Importing new scores will still require a bit of manual input though.
The sync features I'm adding are going to try and address synchronizing to a dropbox folder.  There may be some an issues with this though as it can be hard to compare the MobileSheetsPro database and library to a folder containing just files and other folders. So it may be limited in some ways compared to the synchronization features I'm going to be able to support when synchronizing two devices. In situations where there are conflicts or it's unclear exactly what action to take, the synchronization may have to prompt the user to decide. I'm currently working on the device synchronization, but I'm going to work on the folder sync next.

Compared to using Foldersync/Dropsync, the sync feature I'm implementing will be fairly close in nature I imagine, but I will also support creating new songs if files are found that don't exist in the library (this will be configurable though, as you may not want to create songs from every file that is found).

Mike
I'm totally new to Android.

I downloaded FolderSync and tried to setup a sync.

The folder synced but when i opened MSP, I didn't see the imported/new charts.

Where would I assign the "local" folder? Where exactly are the charts going TO?

Can someone help direct me to the proper file structure settings?
I'm trying to setup DropSync.

Here's my settings

Remote folder in Dropbox: "Chart Updates"

Local folder in device: "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files

Sync method: Download only

I ran the sync and it successfully downloaded a test PDF i put in the Dropbox folder. But, when I opened MSPro, the chart wasn't injured my songs database.

When I see the database folder within DropSync, I'm noticing that every song I have is actually within a Folder rather than single PDF files.  So, I imagine that simply importing a PDF into the Local folder called "files" isn't working somehow.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this?

thanks
Sorry, have to be brief. 

I think you misunderstood. You can synchronize your sheets easily with Dropbox/Dropsync. But you still have to import them to MSP so they show up in your database and are accessible with MSP. You could try to synchronise your database file, too, if the sheets are already imported on another device. But you would have to adjust file paths. Better wait for the sync feature Mike is implementing. MSP doesn't import files automatically from your directories.

The single folders for each sheet is something in the preferences if you have chosen that MSP should organize your files and use separate folders for each file. Please read the manual if you want that or do the organizen it yourself (which seems to be the case according to your request).
yes, i did misunderstand.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought one could automatically sync with Dropbox and have the PDF's/songs in the database and have them imported.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing by importing via Dropbox manually.

thanks