• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS doesn't detect duplicated pdf files when importing from Google Drive
Hi!

If I import a pdf from google drive app (Google Drive  > Open MySong.pdf > Tap on "Open With" MobileSheetsPro), Mobile Sheets correctly detects if the file was already on the library, giving the options of Replacing / Renaming / Use existing file. 

However, if I import a pdf directly from MS (MobileSheets > Import > Google Drive > Select MySong.pdf > OK) the program imports the PDF no matter if it was already on the library. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and merry christmas!
Hello Cerio,

What's happening is, when you use Import->Google Drive, MobileSheetsPro is detecting that you are importing a file that exactly matches an existing file, so it recognizes that nothing needs to be done. The logic in the song editor is a little different at the moment, so it prompts you for the conflict regardless. Is your intent to import the same file twice to create two different songs in your library? Or are you trying to update an existing song? If you are trying to update an existing song with a new version of a file, it's always best to use the "Swap File" feature under the overflow menu at the top right of the library screen (after selecting your song with a long press). I haven't added additional logic yet to detect if a swap may be intended and offer that as an option instead.

Merry Christmas!
Mike
(12-25-2017, 03:35 AM)Zuberman Wrote: What's happening is, when you use Import->Google Drive, MobileSheetsPro is detecting that you are importing a file that exactly matches an existing file, so it recognizes that nothing needs to be done. The logic in the song editor is a little different at the moment, so it prompts you for the conflict regardless. Is your intent to import the same file twice to create two different songs in your library? Or are you trying to update an existing song? If you are trying to update an existing song with a new version of a file, it's always best to use the "Swap File" feature under the overflow menu at the top right of the library screen (after selecting your song with a long press). I haven't added additional logic yet to detect if a swap may be intended and offer that as an option instead.

I just simply expected the same logic when importing a file (directly from MSPro) or (from another app > Open in MSPro.)

I think that the "Replacing / Renaming / Use existing file" option would be useful when you use Import > Google Drive, for example to avoid song duplications on your DB when importing a song by mistake.

thanks!