• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback needed - supported Android versions
Rainer,

Send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com. I can work with you to manually update MobileSheets on that device. I still support version 4.0.3 and higher. I've had to split the app into two separate versions now (one for 4.4 and below and one for 5.0 and higher), but this is normally transparent to users as Google Play just installs the correct version for their device. The problem is that Google Play itself doesn't work on devices below 4.2 anymore. The FastSpring version of MobileSheets still works perfectly fine on older devices though, so that's always an option.

Mike
I would have no problem with you dropping support for old OS's

When you launched the ios MSP beta, I bought a new iPad because my old one wasn't supported by the testflight version.

I wonder though, perhaps a plugin option is feasible as a workaround? I remember total commander offering plugin apks for LAN compatibility etc. Not sure if that'd work for airturn support though.
People on older OS's still have the option of continuing to use their current working version of MobileSheets, don't they?  They just won't get updates any more?  I can see how if you have an older tablet that's still working you might want to just keep using it as is.  (And perhaps you can mitigate the security issues if you don't use it for anything else.)  But then sticking with old MobileSheets seems reasonable for that case.

Is it a problem for new installs?  E.g. if I pick up an old tablet and want to install MobileSheets on it, is there a way to request an older version of the app?
I'm confused - why are we talking about older devices not getting updates? I have not dropped support for older versions - I have done considerable work to ensure older devices can still be supported.

MIke