• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose in File edit not correct
The transpose in file edit is not carried out (see example intro attached pictures). On the song surface the transpose is correct.

.pdf   Transpose.pdf (Size: 80.65 KB / Downloads: 9)
That's how it's supposed to work. The text editor is showing you the contents of the file itself and letting you edit that. The transpose dialog is just transposing whatever chords are present in the file. If you want the transpose to actually modify the file, use the transpose feature in the text editor itself, not outside the text editor. Then the file will be modified and all the chords will be changed. 

Mike
(04-21-2024, 03:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's how it's supposed to work. The text editor is showing you the contents of the file itself and letting you edit that. The transpose dialog is just transposing whatever chords are present in the file. If you want the transpose to actually modify the file, use the transpose feature in the text editor itself, not outside the text editor. Then the file will be modified and all the chords will be changed. 

Mike

I think we have a misundestanding. Only the chords in the verse and chorus were transposed, not in the Intro. I think there is a problem with the "separators". See the new file which i have attached.
.pdf   MS Transposing.pdf (Size: 239.41 KB / Downloads: 8)
It is much better to use chord pro syntax if you want 100% reliable results. Otherwise, you need to have chords on a line all by themselves. If you add other characters on the line (such as the | characters), this can throw off the logic as it doesn't know if the line contains lyrics or chords. I'm assuming that's the nature of the problem, but if you want to send me the .txt file itself, I can take a look at it.

Mike
(04-21-2024, 05:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It is much better to use chord pro syntax if you want 100% reliable results. Otherwise, you need to have chords on a line all by themselves. If you add other characters on the line (such as the | characters), this can throw off the logic as it doesn't know if the line contains lyrics or chords. I'm assuming that's the nature of the problem, but if you want to send me the .txt file itself, I can take a look at it.

Mike

I have attached the song. I will remark that the transposing in the "play screen" is okay.

.txt   Because The Night - Patti Smith.txt (Size: 3.14 KB / Downloads: 5)
I've tested your file on both Android and Windows and it works perfectly fine (all the chords are transposed). I don't see the issues you've mentioned. I can only assume you may not have the latest update. Please go to Settings->About and see what version you have. If it's anything lower than version 3.8.43, you don't have the latest version and will need to update the app through the Google Play Store.

Mike
(04-22-2024, 03:43 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've tested your file on both Android and Windows and it works perfectly fine (all the chords are transposed). I don't see the issues you've mentioned. I can only assume you may not have the latest update. Please go to Settings->About and see what version you have. If it's anything lower than version 3.8.43, you don't have the latest version and will need to update the app through the Google Play Store.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I have tested this with my both devices in the file edit. Mobile Phone and Tablet with the latest version 3.8.43. With both devices there is this fault. Attached a Screenshot from my mobile Phone. In normal sheet modus it is correct. I will this check also with iOS and Windows together with my friends and give you feedback.    
I didn't understand that you were just saying the issue is when transposing in the text editor. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
I have a fix in place now for the next update.

Mike