• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi connection issues with BT Home Hub 5
I have a dual band BT Home Hub 5
By default, this comes configured with both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz speeds having the same SSID name and, as recommended on the web, I have given these separate names.
My new Win 10 pc, tends to connect on the 2.4 Ghz whereas my tablet connects by default on the 5 Ghz.

Scenario 1  PC using 2.4, tablet using 5
Pressing "sync to PC" displays the connection window on the pc but it won't connect.
Using a manual connect also does not work.

Scenario 2  PC using 2.4, tablet using 2.4
Pressing "sync to PC" displays the connection window on the pc and connects as expected

Scenario 3  PC using 5, tablet using 2.4
The connection window doesn't pop up; but can use "Manual Wifi connect" on the pc

Scenario 4 PC using 5, tablet using 5
The connection window doesn't pop up; but can use "Manual Wifi connect" on the pc.

I suspect this is a Home Hub 5 issue (and may not apply to the newer HH6), rather than anything Mike can fix.

So, if you have a HH5 and can't get the connection to work, make sure that the devices are using the same SSID and/or try the manual connect.
Note: if you are using the default configuration with a single SSID for both speeds, you could find that you aren't connecting to the same speed each time!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6