• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing on semi-standard Androids
Hello ...
I am still looking for a decent tablet to use for MobileSheets (Yes .. I am another that am looking for hardware to run your software! :-) ....
I am looking at a Coby MID9742. It's probably a bit high on my price tolerance, but still, not terrible. It, and many others, I am finding, don't have the ability to go to GooglePlay or Android Market, etc. This particular unit runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream (where do they get these names???). Are there guidelines for picking a unit that would be compatible? Thanks,
Dennis

Post 2 ... well, I probably messed up. I probably would have been better off spending the extra $100 and getting the 9.7 version mentioned above, but I stumbled on an ebay sale of an 8-inch Coby Kyros MID8024-4GB .. in the last 4 minutes of the sale, and I went for it. Buyer's remorse will set in when I get it, I'm sure. It gets poor reviews from the quick search I did AFTER I bought it LOL .. but anyway...
A co-worker had an 8" Pantech, and I forwarded him a .pdf of one of my pieces, and it was surprisingly readable. The Coby screen has the same or better resolution (on paper, anyway). I don't think it has bluetooth, however, like the Pantech did.

Oh well ... I'll work on getting MobileSheets on it first, and go from there!

Dennis
I have the app on a coby kyros 8125 and it works flawlessly. I am upgrading soon to a motorola xoom, but I don't see why installing it on a cheap tablet would be any worse. The only thing is you can't access some features like the camera app or voice commands, but everything else works flawlessly. Oh, I don't have bluetooth on this tablet either, but I have no issues!!!!

I absolutely love this app! I am in the process of completely digitizing all of my sheet music, music books and all of my lead sheets. I play for my church and I also play for a small Gospel group on the weekends, so being able to organize the music into collections for each group has been an awesome feature for me. I also love the set lists and just being able to grab lead sheets from the web that I copied to google docs and add them to the library is priceless!

The one thing I am waiting for is the ability to annotate the images. That will make this the absolute perfect app!
We are going to need to hold a celebration when I finally finish annotations Smile It seems like everyone needs them.
I originally tested the app for feasibility on a £100 Chinese Superpad and it actually ran incredibly well considering the tablet is a complete piece of junk. Smile If you can find a cheap tablet with a reasonably responsive screen then you should be absolutely fine!