• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling Audio
When I play any of the audio files attached to a song in-app the sound crackles.  It does this through the speakers on my tablet and also with earbuds.  My tablet doesn't have this problem with any other apps.  If I play the same song file outside of MobileSheets there is no crackling.  Has anyone else had this problem and find a solution?  I want to be able to play ambient sounds using MobileSheets but can't have this go through our sound system if it's crackling.
Please try something for me - bring up the audio player, tap the gear icon at the top right, uncheck the "Enable Advanced Audio Player" option and see if the playback still crackles. If so, I'm going to need to know what kind of files you are loading (mp3, wav, mid, etc). If you tap the pitch shift and tempo adjustment buttons, will it let you do that? I just want to verify it's a mp3 that is supported by the Superpowered audio engine (used when "Enable Advanced Audio Player" is checked) as that library requires mp3 layer 3 or higher I believe.

Thanks,
Mike
(06-11-2019, 12:35 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please try something for me - bring up the audio player, tap the gear icon at the top right, uncheck the "Enable Advanced Audio Player" option and see if the playback still crackles. If so, I'm going to need to know what kind of files you are loading (mp3, wav, mid, etc). If you tap the pitch shift and tempo adjustment buttons, will it let you do that? I just want to verify it's a mp3 that is supported by the Superpowered audio engine (used when "Enable Advanced Audio Player" is checked) as that library requires mp3 layer 3 or higher I believe.

Thanks,
Mike

When I uncheck "use advanced audio player"  it works great!  Thank you so much.  Is there a way I can check files in the future to make sure they meet the requirements?
If things work fine with the default Android player, then any file you import should work fine (you just won't be able to adjust the pitch or tempo).  

Mike