• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reordering setlists
Hi, I have a setlists with many (90) songs , that's the basic repertoire of one of the bands I work with.

Let's say that I have a gig with this band, and the setlist for that particular gig consist on 30 songs from the entire repertoire, sorted in a particular order. I select my setlist > edit > manual sort > reorder my 30 songs using the drag & drop method. Great.

Now, the next week I have another gig with the same band, but this time the setlist is completely different. If I select my setlist > edit > manual sort again, it won't be easy reordering the list this time because the songs are not sorted alphabetically, and finding the right song I'm looking for from the entire list is really, really difficult.

Three or four gigs later, my setlist is a mess, it's virtually impossible reordering the songs for new gigs for this reason, and there seems to be no way of reseting the sorting of the songs in manual mode, to get the songs alphabetically sorted again.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong, any help?

Thanks!
Have you tried tapping the 'sort :manual' and selecting 'a-z' in the 'select sort method', re-selecting 'manual' then make your new list?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(03-08-2018, 01:18 PM)Skip Wrote: Have you tried tapping the 'sort :manual' and selecting 'a-z' in the 'select sort method', re-selecting 'manual' then make your new list?

Thanks for answering! Yes, I tried that, but that doesn't reset the manual sorting.

Anyway, I've investigated a little bit in the forum and I think I've just found an solution / workaround: I should create a COLLECTION (NOT a setlist) with my basic repertoire (90 songs), and from there, I can easily create a custom setlist for each gig.

I would keep experimenting...
Hi Mike
and all setlist reorderers,

Mike, still amazed about your great work. Thank you so much.

IN THE GERMAN TRANSLATION, if the user tries to modify the order of a seltist in A-Z mode, the app says in GERMAN: "With a long press on A-Z mode I can have that order saved permanently."

Well, I could not make that happen (and the alert in English says: "You can only modify the order when manual sort is selected".)

But the German (wrong?) translation would indeed be an extremely helpful feature (and probably persisted from an older idea to provide that feature?)

If someone has to reorder a (bigger) manual setlist and needs to find the songs below in the list, it would be a great help to be able to begin with a manual order that offers an alphabetical order but can be modified.

Could you maybe offer this to us, Mike?

Thank youz guyz,
Kai
Yes, I was actually planning on adding a new option in the overflow menu to save the current ordering as the manual ordering when sorting with a-z, shuffle, etc. I'm not going to use a long press action though. 

Mike
@cerio: I use a collection for every band and a setlist for every gig.
Additionally I have a filter for every band (include Collection).
It's perfectly easy to create a new setlist from scratch with applying a filter in the setlist editor or copy a previous setlist, reorder it and add or delete songs to/from the copied setlist.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Hi Mike

I stumbled into an already implemented reorder feature:

(Task: We have a setlist in A-Z mode and want to copy that into Manual mode, so we can start modifying an initially alphabetical oder.)

While you are looking at a sheet (in A-Z order) and have the lower action bar visible, click on the setlist icon there to make the pop up setlist window visible. Then change the order of 2 songs (e.g. no2 becomes no1) and press the save (floppy disk) button.
Here Mike implemented a dialogue allowing us to save that, although the mode still is A-Z.
Do that, close the setlist window, go back to setlist view (whole page) and change the sort order in the upper menu to "Manual". Voila.

Thx, Mike Smile
(09-28-2018, 12:59 AM)kaithedrummer Wrote: Hi Mike

I stumbled into an already implemented reorder feature:

(Task: We have a setlist in A-Z mode and want to copy that into Manual mode, so we can start modifying an initially alphabetical oder.)

While you are looking at a sheet (in A-Z order) and have the lower action bar visible, click on the setlist icon there to make the pop up setlist window visible. Then change the order of 2 songs (e.g. no2 becomes no1) and press the save (floppy disk) button.
Here Mike implemented a dialogue allowing us to save that, although the mode still is A-Z.
Do that, close the setlist window, go back to setlist view (whole page) and change the sort order in the upper menu to "Manual". Voila.

Thx, Mike Smile

Thanks, I skipped this one.  Now that I'm correctly using collections (bands) and setlists (gigs) as suggested by another user, this workaround works perfectly in those cases you simply want to reorder some songs from an already made setlist.

Anyway, an easier and more intuitive way of doing this would be a nice addition, IMO.

Thanks!