• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program won't run correctly
Hello,

When I start MobileSheets, the new superpowered animation finishes and then the UI fails to finish populating. No menus, dropdowns are empty, I can't do anything. I can't even get to the settings to see which version I have, but it's probably the latest. I attached a screenshot.    

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
Hello Tom,

This problem occurs on devices that are not running the latest version of Windows 10 (1709). I submitted an update to address the problem Friday morning, but Microsoft still has not approved the update. They will probably approve it tomorrow. In the meantime, if you want to get past this problem, you will need to update Windows 10 to the Fall Creator's update. You can do that by going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features clicking "Get the Update" and using the Microsoft Update Assistant to get the latest update. Make sure you have at least 8 GB of free hard drive space before attempting to update. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
Hello Mike,

Well, my device is running Fall Creator's Update but I get a similar problem : on first launch, I get the superpowered animation, then Mobilesheetspro crashes. At least, launching it again works and makes it useable (But I had a difficult time on first crash just before a gig start...).
BTW, would it be possible to get rid of the superpowered animation (I think we  don't really need browsing-like popup, specially for third-party stuff, or do we?)

Thanks

Edit: well, I've just read the changelog which explained the logo appearance but don't like this anyway...
If you are running the latest update, I"ll check the crash logs to see if I can find any useful information. Unless every user wanted me to charge a fee to be able to access the metronome, I don't have a choice with the logo. If I charged a fee for the metronome, then I could try to pay the license fee for the superpowered library. I think most users would rather live with a short logo popping up than having to pay for the metronome.

Mike
Got it for the logo.
About the crash, it seems it only occurs on first launch after an update. I'll check next time and give some feedback / logs if needed.
I had a problem where the SuperPowered animation persisted over the top of my MobileSheets session after a recent MobileSheets update.

This went away after I updated Windows 10 as Mike suggested.
Hello,

Got a new crash today on first launch (just after superpowered animation) after update (2.1.6 installation). 
The following launches are OK.
I did find the cause for that issue. You should no longer encounter a crash when updating after version 2.1.7. Additionally, I've sped up the Superpowered animation so that it finishes in half the time.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Works perfectly know, no more crash on first launch after update. And the animation is quick enough  Wink

Thanks.

Olivier.
In this case first, run the SFC scan as it might happen the corrupted system files causes the error. So run the SFC scan and check if the issue is resolved or not. If this won’t work for you then:
·        Disable any security software before attempting to upgrade or do a clean install.
·        Make sure your computer is updated (devices and applications)
·        Disconnect any external devices before installing.

https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/re...windows-10