• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scalable stamps
Hi all,

I've three suggestions regarding the stamp functionality (accidentals or dynamic symbols etc.) .

1. It would be nice if the stamps are scalable without any loss of quality. For what I think the stamps are now some .png images, but probably .svg would work better.
  2. The 100% size of the symbols isn't similar at the moment. That causes some difficulties while adding them.
  3. It should be possible to stretch dynamic changes (like crescendo, decrescendo) instead of scaled.
Maurits
NL
Maurits,

Most of this is going to be addressed in a major redesign of the annotations that is planned. I'm going to switch from using images for stamps to using a music font. This will ensure that the stamps to scale to any size without a loss in quality. I could also use svg (if I could find all of the symbols in svg format) but I thing a music font is still more flexible. For stamps that aren't possible through a music font, I will either provide a custom implementation (for things with a dynamic length like crescendo), a svg file, or I will let users provide their own image or svg file. 

Mike