• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of all tablets used
(09-07-2015, 04:33 AM)sciurius Wrote: Come on, manufacturers! Drop the stupid 16:9 and make a real A4 tablet. You can do it!

The 16:9 aspect ration is driven by video standards. Most users watch videos, not music scores. 

There is (relatively speaking) only a handful of users who would require a true A4 tablet and the economies of scale in modern manufacturing would mean that such a device would carry a bigger price tag.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(09-08-2015, 07:11 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: The 16:9 aspect ration is driven by video standards. Most users watch videos, not music scores. 

I think millions and millions of iPad users disagree. iPad is 4:3 (much closer to the A-standard) and dominates half of the tablet market.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-08-2015, 07:25 AM)sciurius Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:11 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: The 16:9 aspect ration is driven by video standards. Most users watch videos, not music scores. 

I think millions and millions of iPad users disagree. iPad is 4:3 (much closer to the A-standard) and dominates half of the tablet market.

I think that's more down to Apple's incredibly good marketing. 

ISTM that may tablet manufacturers are aiming their products towards the video watching market.  The very design, through the positioning of the ports, of the Samsung devices (which are extremely popular with MS users) dictates their use in landscape, rather than portrait.  That is surely a 'video thing'.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I agree with Sciurius that 4:3 is much more useful than 16:9. Everything except watching videos is better in 4:3. This is especially important for music scores but also true for writing texts, programming and many more. Did you ever try a 16:9 (desktop) monitor in portrait format? It looks ridiculous and doesn't make sense.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Has anybody in the forum tried one of those rare devices with e-paper displays? I would be interested if they are worth looking for.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Just made the jump to digital music this past week. Using a 13.3" SmarTab StreaMachine. Pretty budget-friendly tablet costing about $250 on amazon. My only regret so far is the 16:9 display instead of the 4:3, but having the extra margins is nice for the navigation buttons and controls to not cover the music.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
We picked up 5 of the 13.3" Azpen budget priced tablets on ebay for our horn section, for an average of about $140 US. Who knows how long they'll last, but I've seen a couple of others pop up, so I might get some spares.
(09-25-2016, 03:34 AM)mercator1 Wrote: We picked up 5 of the 13.3" Azpen budget priced tablets on ebay for our horn section, for an average of about $140 US.  Who knows how long they'll last, but I've seen a couple of others pop up, so I might get some spares.

I've been using mine (granted as a backup tablet) for about two years now.  So, I think there is cause for optimism.

I like the inexpensive 13.3 Hannspree too, which I have been using (as my main tablet) for probably  5 years now (?) without an issue.

Jeff
Just Purchased RCAPro12 from Walmart for $300 Canadian. It seems fine has it's own detachable keyboard,64gb internal memory and microsd card input up to 128gb.Runs on Marshmallow and only problem so far is airtun pedals not pairing, but only had a short time with it.
Also usb and HDMI inputs. Supposedly 8 hrs battery!! we will see.

https://youtu.be/PLjE-eVeMtM

Just got pedals working... cleared and reset pedal settings in Mobilesheets...... Yahoo!!!
Are there any cheap but good 13.3" tablets with android 6.0?
I don't want to buy a tablet with outdated android.
It's really hard to find them.

What do you think about the Trekstor SurfTab Theatre? It costs around 200 €.
http://www.trekstor.de/detail-surftabs-e...e-133.html
(10-15-2016, 12:16 AM)lionking Wrote: Are there any cheap but good 13.3" tablets with android 6.0?
I don't want to buy a tablet with outdated android.
It's really hard to find them.

What do you think about the Trekstor SurfTab Theatre? It costs around 200 €.
http://www.trekstor.de/detail-surftabs-e...e-133.html

I got one of those as soon as they were available, as my Hannspad showed battery issues. Very happy so far, especially about the much brighter screen. WiFi is causing minor problems with infrequent disconnects, but that's a non-issue with Mobile sheets.

In fact it convinced me so that I bought a second, just in case they sell out quickly Wink
What disturbs me a bit is, that it has a special DC port to charge it.
Can it be charged by the USB port too?
(10-16-2016, 08:53 AM)lionking Wrote: What disturbs me a bit is, that it has a special DC port to charge it.
Can it be charged by the USB port too?

Yes, but I think it's a bit slower.
Haven't timed a complete charging cycle yet, but that's my assumption based on my Hannspad and Archos.
I'm after a new tablet my toshiba won't work with airturn ped, this looks good big screen and a good price, will it work with airturn pedals I wonder
New Samsung Chromebook Pro is on the way. With Play Store on Chrome OS it can run Android apps.

- new Sharp 12.3" display 2400 x 1600 (fantastic 3:2 aspect ratio very close to A4)
- including Digital pen (stylus) for writing on the screen
- 360-degree hinge
- Rockchip Hexa-Core, 4 GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage
- Bluetooth, WIFI, SD card slot, USB
- TPM Security Chip (peace of mind for professionals with exclusive scores)
- Aluminum Body 1.08kg (2.38 lbs)
- can last up to 10 hours

Compared to noname 16:9 PRC products this $499 Chromebook Pro is exciting.

[Image: Samsung-Chromebook-Pro-13.png]

video of Samsung Chromebook Pro