• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of all tablets used
I'm using a Hannspree 13" tablet, with the Cicada Bluetooth pedal. This setup is GREAT! It comes with 16GB of storage, of which my 402 songs use about 0.7GB. The display is very readable and works well in bright rooms and dark ones.
Music 
(10-16-2013, 12:35 AM)LauBenning Wrote: I'm using a Nexus 10.

Me too and I LOVE IT!! Heart
(12-22-2013, 04:16 AM)tjrob Wrote: I'm using a Hannspree 13" tablet, with the Cicada Bluetooth pedal. This setup is GREAT! It comes with 16GB of storage, of which my 402 songs use about 0.7GB. The display is very readable and works well in bright rooms and dark ones.

I ordered a Hannspree as a backup tablet. Hopefully it will work out.

Jeff
Idolian Studio 10
I'm using a Medion 9514, bought it primarily for MS and it does the job just fine. external SD card, 3G. I've tested out the facility for photographing sheets and although I don't anticipate using this facility much it could be very useful. I have only loaded PDF fakebooks up to now, one of them has the titles preceded by a three digit number. Is there a way to batch remove the numbers.

Thanks
John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
You cannot batch remove the numbers at this point, as the database is looking for those exact file names. I recently removed the code that appends the unique database id to the filename unless there is an issue with duplicate filenames.

Mike
I just ordered a Colorfly CT132 Q.Tiny 13.3 Inch Tablet from GHdeal.com. Their price is $259. This is considerably less than Amazon and others I found. I will use it primarily for MS and I'm really looking forward to NOT having to use my binders at gigs. Next will be deciding what kind of footswitch to use.Tongue
Hannspree 13 came in and seems to be working great with MS. (Dimensions might be actually better for sheet music, even if the resolution is lower)

The only think I messed up on was measuring whether it would fit (portrait) in my stand: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCFZ...UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, because this tablet is a little wider (in portrait mode) in won't fit in the stand. So, if I need to use it, I will have to put in on a music stand.

Well, you can't have everything.
(12-31-2013, 08:06 AM)gregav2 Wrote: I just ordered a Colorfly CT132 Q.Tiny 13.3 Inch Tablet from GHdeal.com. Their price is $259. This is considerably less than Amazon and others I found.

Well, it would be cheaper, because they are a Hong Kong based company and they are not charging you for import duties. You might, quite possibly, get away with it, but if Customs realise what is in the box, you could be in for a nasty surprise.

I considered a similar deal, but went with Amazon, as the price was a known quantity and I would also have a more powerful organisation, with some clout, in the event of anything going wrong (which, to be fair, hasn't happened).

(12-31-2013, 08:06 AM)gregav2 Wrote: Next will be deciding what kind of footswitch to use.Tongue

Personally, I would recommend a wired USB pedal. I see little point in using any sort of wireless connection, as there's not a lot of cabling involved, it's a lot cheaper to implement and it's one less thing to screw you up during a performance.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(12-31-2013, 11:53 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hannspree 13 came in and seems to be working great with MS. (Dimensions might be actually better for sheet music, even if the resolution is lower)

The only think I messed up on was measuring whether it would fit (portrait) in my stand: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCFZ...UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, because this tablet is a little wider (in portrait mode) in won't fit in the stand. So, if I need to use it, I will have to put in on a music stand.

It is a actually very easy to "make" a good stand for the large tablet.
I have an Odys 13,3" and when I realized, that nowhere on the net can I I buy a stand to it, I orderd this thing:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_19685.htm
Then I attached 3 selfmade aluminium strip (see pictures)                 and now I have a very stable stand on top of a mic-stand.
(12-31-2013, 11:01 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: [quote='gregav2' pid='3427' dateline='1388441177']
I just ordered a Colorfly CT132 Q.Tiny 13.3 Inch Tablet from GHdeal.com. Their price is $259. This is considerably less than Amazon and others I found.

Well, it would be cheaper, because they are a Hong Kong based company and they are not charging you for import duties. You might, quite possibly, get away with it, but if Customs realise what is in the box, you could be in for a nasty surprise.

I hope you're wrong. The listed retail on several sites is $330, Amazon is charging $360-389. Other sites were at $300. My credit card should give me some protection if there is a problem.
Thanks, Kav. What type of aluminum is that? Where would I get something like that?

It might not work for me, in part, because I would like a stand that I could use for either the Toshiba Excite 13 or the Hannspree 13.

I wonder if either of these would work:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005M32RL0/ref=...1NDBMQ1PJX

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007C48KVI/ref=...MON11V62GN

Jeff

(12-31-2013, 11:36 PM)vago Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 11:53 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hannspree 13 came in and seems to be working great with MS. (Dimensions might be actually better for sheet music, even if the resolution is lower)

It is a actually very easy to "make" a good stand for the large tablet.
I have an Odys 13,3" and when I realized, that nowhere on the net can I I buy a stand to it, I orderd this thing:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_19685.htm
Then I attached 3 selfmade aluminium strip (see pictures) and now I have a very stable stand on top of a mic-stand.
(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Thanks, Kav. What type of aluminum is that? Where would I get something like that?

Looks like ordinary flat strip. You should be able to find something at your local DIY supplier. Failing that, a metal stockist.

(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It might not work for me, in part, because I would like a stand that I could use for either the Toshiba Excite 13 or the Hannspree 13.

If you check the dimensions of both units, they'll almost certainly be very similar. I think that either would fit into this holder.

(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I wonder if either of these would work:

No - both way too small for a 13" tablet.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks, Graeme:

Re: No - both way too small for a 13" tablet.

But I would be placing the tablet in in portrait mode. So, if the top is open it only has to be wide enough to fit the width of the tablet in portrait mode.

You might be right. I can check the dimensions. (The Hanspree 13 is wider in portrait mode than the Toshiba 13).

Thanks, Grame, i will look further into this. I appreciate everyone's thoughts (any additional ideas/suggestions are welcome).

Happy New Year!

Jeff

(01-01-2014, 12:27 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Thanks, Kav. What type of aluminum is that? Where would I get something like that?

Looks like ordinary flat strip. You should be able to find something at your local DIY supplier. Failing that, a metal stockist.

(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It might not work for me, in part, because I would like a stand that I could use for either the Toshiba Excite 13 or the Hannspree 13.

If you check the dimensions of both units, they'll almost certainly be very similar. I think that either would fit into this holder.

(01-01-2014, 12:07 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I wonder if either of these would work:

No - both way too small for a 13" tablet.
I have a Nexus 10