• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbook Not Seeing Midi Messages
I'm attempting to send Midi patch changes to MainStage on my MacBook. 

I plugged my Tablet into my mac and set the USB mode to "MIDI" on the tablet.

I go into Audio/Midi Setup within OS X  and the device is located and online.

I setup a midi message to occur within MSP and when I select for that midi message to happen, no messages are being received on my Mac at all.

What am I doing wrong?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
MobileSheetsPro isn't going to recognize your MacBook as a MIDI device. You can't currently connect to a USB device if it's not recognized as a valid MIDI device. Normally if you plug MobileSheetsPro into a keyboard or other MIDI device, it will automatically connect and you will see a connection message pop up at the bottom of the screen. Due to the fact that it's just a normal USB connection to your Mac without the proper sub-class/vendor ID/product ID, MobileSheetsPro is not going to connect to it. This problem has been brought up on other threads, and what has to happen is that I have to add support for Google's MIDI library. That library only works for Android 6 and higher. That will allow users to connect to any port that is available on their device. As part of this effort, I'm going to try to also provide support for users to select MIDI ports to connect to through the current interface. Due to the way the permissions work on Android, this won't work for every device. Some Samsung devices refuse to let the MIDI connection go through if the proper validation sequence isn't followed. You will have to see when the time comes if it works with your device.

Mike
(05-26-2018, 09:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: MobileSheetsPro isn't going to recognize your MacBook as a MIDI device. You can't currently connect to a USB device if it's not recognized as a valid MIDI device. Normally if you plug MobileSheetsPro into a keyboard or other MIDI device, it will automatically connect and you will see a connection message pop up at the bottom of the screen. Due to the fact that it's just a normal USB connection to your Mac without the proper sub-class/vendor ID/product ID, MobileSheetsPro is not going to connect to it. This problem has been brought up on other threads, and what has to happen is that I have to add support for Google's MIDI library. That library only works for Android 6 and higher. That will allow users to connect to any port that is available on their device. As part of this effort, I'm going to try to also provide support for users to select MIDI ports to connect to through the current interface. Due to the way the permissions work on Android, this won't work for every device. Some Samsung devices refuse to let the MIDI connection go through if the proper validation sequence isn't followed. You will have to see when the time comes if it works with your device.

Mike

Does this work the same way if want to SEND midi information TO my MacBook? (it won't work)?

My Audio/Midi Setup within my MacBook sees my tablet as a device but for whatever reason, the Mac won't receive any midi messages from it.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Yes, it works the same both ways.