• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to trace which email account used to purchase
Following a catastrophic PC corruption thanks to Microsoft's spring update. I have had to have a full Win 10 re-install.

All data was safely backed up so no major problem.

I have previously purchased MS Pro for the affected machine and want to re-install it.

I can't remember which of three email accounts I used to buy it, is there any way your records can show which one I used?

If not available, I will repurchase.

Gerry
Gerry,

Unfortunately, unlike Google Play, Microsoft gives me no insight into individual purchases from users. So I have no way to look up anything related to an individual purchase. You could always contact Microsoft though, as they might be able to help.

Mike
Can't you just try logging into each account in turn and see if it let's you download for free?
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Big Grin 
(05-28-2018, 05:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Gerry,

Unfortunately, unlike Google Play, Microsoft gives me no insight into individual purchases from users. So I have no way to look up anything related to an individual purchase. You could always contact Microsoft though, as they might be able to help.

Mike

Mike,

Many thanks, I will have a go to see if I can detect which account I used by trial and error, if not I will re-purchase, not a major issue.

As for contacting Microsoft, after the 'help' they gave with my problems with the corrupted OS, I think I might save myself the aggravation  Angry

Regards

Gerry
OK, think I have traced which MS account I used. I have signed in with that one.

I go to store and it gives me an option to install.

Then it says - You can use this app for now or buy it to own? Don't understand that bit?

I install it and it launches as normal, but I can't get it to sync to the companion on my Desktop. Have tried the exit MS Pro , switch WIFI off and back on, still no joy.

Any suggestions?
Sounds as though the installation is ok, you just can't get the connection to work.

Try doing a manual connect:-
1) "Sync with Pc" on tablet
2) Companion| Connection |Manual Connect - specify the IP address displayed on the tablet.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I can't get my Android tablets to connect either.

I have uninstalled Companion and reinstalled, no luck.

Tried the manual connection to the address sent out on Android tablet, just get error. After 4 goes it says there is a firewall problem. i have looked at Win Firewall and MS Pro Companion is in the list to be allowed through.

No idea how to check if ports are blocked?
OK, after a few more tries I have now got one of the Android tablets to connect manually, but still no pop up.

Think I will call it a day and try again tomorrow, Geoff, thanks for your helpful reply.

Gerry
Are you using a BT HomeHub? These tend to have two frequencies (2.4 and 5) which both broadcast on the same name (and they don't like talking to each o
other)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
No I am on John Lewis Broadband which is PlusNet
Think I have solved it.

For some reason MobileSheets shows up twice in 'allowed apps' in Windows Firewall, once for Public and once for Private network. The public one was not ticked so I did that and now I can get a pop up connection.

Must be something that was changed when re-install was done because I had no problems prior to that.

Thanks for the help.

Gerry