• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning how to sort huge collection
So I never did master the CVS thing, but I've moved on, partly because I wasn't satisfied with my original spreadsheet anyway.

Meanwhile, I think I figured out a fast way of organizing matters: heavy reliance on the "collections" tool.  The real purpose of the spreadsheet was to enable me to sort the material by genre, tempo, etc.  But the collections tab seems to accomplish the same purpose, and makes the process faster. 

For example, I just created a collection entitled "ballads." Once the collection is created, I now know that I can easily select songs for inclusion, without having to go into the "song editing" function.  That is pretty fast and painless.  I now intend to create a whole bunch of "collections" (like Latin, bebop, funk, blues, etc).  My only question now is whether there is any downside.

In other words, is there any functional advantage to option 1 (going into the attributes of each song and adding a keyword such as "ballad") over option 2 (creating a collection of ballads and including the songs that way)?  Option 2 is sure a lot faster when starting from scratch.

Messages In This Thread
Planning how to sort huge collection - by Wynton - 06-12-2018, 02:06 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by BRX - 06-12-2018, 02:55 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by Wynton - 06-13-2018, 08:11 AM
RE: Planning how to sort huge collection - by BRX - 06-13-2018, 08:31 AM