• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charge level indicator in Title Bar?
Hi

Would it be possible to include sort of charge level indicator of the tablet e.g. in the title bar?
This would help to anticipate power issues early before running out of power surprisingly

Cloudygit
if you turn off Settings->Display Settings->Fullscreen Mode, then the standard Android status bar will be shown at the top which has the battery power indicator on it. I'd rather not add another icon to the title bar if it can be avoided, especially one whose state I have to constantly monitor and update.  If you are more concerned about getting a warning when the battery is low, I can certainly add an option to pop up a warning when that occurs, although I think most devices do have an alert that is generated for this. The percentage at which the low battery notification is triggered can be different on every device. On my phone it is 15% but I don't know what it is on my tablets.

Mike
(05-11-2018, 01:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: if you turn off Settings->Display Settings->Fullscreen Mode, then the standard Android status bar will be shown at the top which has the battery power indicator on it. I'd rather not add another icon to the title bar if it can be avoided, especially one whose state I have to constantly monitor and update.  If you are more concerned about getting a warning when the battery is low, I can certainly add an option to pop up a warning when that occurs, although I think most devices do have an alert that is generated for this. The percentage at which the low battery notification is triggered can be different on every device. On my phone it is 15% but I don't know what it is on my tablets.

Mike

Hi Mike

Turning off the fullscreen mode does the trick. I wasn't aware of this function so there is certainly no need to add anything

Thanks a lot
I'm coming back to this topic, because yesterday it happend to me that i ran out of battery.

Since i love the fullscreen mode and i agree, that adding icons is not a good solution, there maybe still should be a warning icon ⚠️ in one of the edges, if battery goes lower than a set percentage. This could be an option in the preferences (warning on/off, %).
I can generate a warning when the battery goes low, but the definition of "what is low" is determined by the device. I cannot easily support letting the user pick a percentage as I would then have to have some kind of monitor sitting there periodically querying to find the current battery percentage and I don't want to do that (as it would cause battery drain itself). The low battery warning that is generated based upon the device's settings is something that I can easily hook into without having to monitor the battery myself.

Mike
I think this is fine too. Already the option to get some notification about low battery will protect from bad surprises.