• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert for a part
I'm a new (Windows) user -- have had a good experience so far.

I have pdfs for each tune/song/piece. Our director wrote in an update for 1 piece, which is as separate file (actually was paper that scanned to PDF). So this (partial page) insert goes in the middle of multi-page piece.

I was hoping the snipping tool would do the trick, but I can't resize the image. (Limitation of the tool, right?) It's actually really bad, since the way I scanned the insert makes it quite large compared to the original.

Am I missing something? Other options?
Links only work within 1 piece, correct?

Kinda seems like I have to deal with this in PDF world, but don't have a decent editor...

Thanks,
I'm a new (Windows) user -- been a good experience so far.

All my parts are PDFs - a separate file for each piece.

Our director handed out an insert for one of our pieces (paper that I scanned to PDF).
I was thinking I could use the snipping tool to squeeze the insert into the existing part, but I can't resize the snipped excerpt (it's actually way too big due to the way I scanned it in).

That's a tool limitation (no resizing), right?

Other suggestions?

Kinda seems like I need to edit in PDF-world, but I don't have a decent editor.

Thanks,
No, the snipped excerpts coud not be resized. (but it would be a nice to have)

For inserting one page i would do the following:
Bring up the overlay for the song, press the pencil and go to files.
You have to bring two times your original file and one time the new to add file:

Your Sheet
Conductor Correction
Your sheet

for the first "your sheet" you set the page order until the new scanned page has to show up, and for the second "your sheet" those pages after the "conductors correction.

Your Sheet (page 1-10)
Conductor Correction (page 1)
Your sheet (page 11-20)

hope this is what you are looking for
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Thanks McAroni.
I hadn't explored that function & that gets me closer, probably close enough.

There's a few things that are somewhat unique about my set up:
1) The aspect ratio of my display is closer to letter box that 8.5 x 11, so I have extra blank space at the bottom (in portrait)
2) The way I scanned in the insert it is a partial page (just 1 line)
3) The insert is in the middle of a page (very close to the bottom)

So following your suggestion, I want
- Page 1 (of 2)
- Insert
- Pages 1..2

I normally use 1/2 page turns. With my set-up, this renders strangely: the insert gets tacked on to the first page, then re-displayed, etc.
Single page mode has less duplication, but of course it's an ugly page turn (musically) from 1 to 2.
I ended up doing some cropping and going with vertical scrolling.

Seems like 1/2 page vertical scrolling (with full jump between pieces) would a nice display mode.
I will definitely add support for resizing snippets once time allows. I also am going to add more basic editing PDF features at some point to make it easier to insert pages into the middle of PDFs, as I realize that is tedious at the moment. I'm glad you were able to find an acceptable solution in the meantime.

Mike
You might try vertical scroll mode instead of half page turns
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(05-17-2022, 05:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I will definitely add support for resizing snippets once time allows. I also am going to add more basic editing PDF features at some point to make it easier to insert pages into the middle of PDFs, as I realize that is tedious at the moment. I'm glad you were able to find an acceptable solution in the meantime.

Mike

Thanks!