• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surface Pro 3 Stylus
I've just downloaded MobileSheets and I can't seem to get my Surface Pro 3 pen to work.  Does it not work with MobileSheets?  If not, what pen/stylus should I get?  Thanks!
MobileSheets doesn't do anything special in regards to stylus input. It should be interpreted by the app the same way touch input is. I know Microsoft changed stylus input with the most recent Windows 10 updates, and it caused a lot of anger from some stylus users. Is your pen working with other applications? What exactly doesn't work in MobileSheets?

Mike
(07-01-2018, 05:57 PM)Zuberman Wrote: MobileSheets doesn't do anything special in regards to stylus input. It should be interpreted by the app the same way touch input is. I know Microsoft changes stylus input with the most recent Windows 10 updates, and it caused a lot of anger from some stylus users. Is your pen working with other applications? What exactly doesn't work in MobileSheets?

Mike
Thanks for replying, Mike.  My pen came with the Surface Pro 3 and the only thing I used it with is OneNote.  Pretty new to all this kind of technology.  Don't know if I need to turn on something in "settings" or somewhere else. I can use my finger, but not the pen.  I'll keep looking.  If you run across something that would be helpful to me, please send it my way.  Thanks!! Les
I can use my finger to do some notations but not the Stylus pen. Anyone has a solution?
Ziggy - do you also have a Surface Pro 3? The only time I process stylus input differently from finger input is if the stylus mode setting is enabled (under the menu at the left corner of the annotations editor). So I can't imagine why you would be seeing any difference when using a stylus versus a finger... Which annotations don't work with a stylus for you?

Mike
Just in case: Also check that the pen does work in  another appl (preferably one you know that it should work with)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Photo 
(08-10-2018, 12:50 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Ziggy - do you also have a Surface Pro 3? The only time I process stylus input differently from finger input is if the stylus mode setting is enabled (under the menu at the left corner of the annotations editor). So I can't imagine why you would be seeing any difference when using a stylus versus a finger... Which annotations don't work with a stylus for you?

Mike

Zuberman - this morning when I started my Surface Pro 4 and MobileSheets the stylus pen worked fine in the program? I remember that last night I putted all the settings back to the default values!
So probally I made something wrong to deactivate the stylus pen and it was not an error in the program or in windows 10...
That's good to hear.  Hopefully no other users encounter that or I may need to track down the settings that can cause problems.

Mike