• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display resolution on monitor
Hi all,

I have mobilesheets pro installed on an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet and have it hooked up to a computer monitor (through DisplayLink).
My problem is the display resolution, I'll try and explain...

When projected on the monitor the resolution of the app is just fine but when I show the music (Display Mode = Two Pages) the pdf just comes across 'out of focus'.

I did a test on the tablet, when you zoom the page in single page mode the screen 'redraws' but in two page mode, it doesn't.

I've attached a comparison photo.

Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The single page display performs a high quality zoom when you pinch zoom, and saves that zoom level so that the next time you load the song, it uses the same zoom. You can adjust this in the zoom & pan settings. The two page display mode only supports a temporary zoom where you zoom in to look at something, then zoom back out before continuing. So you shouldn't be using the zooming feature in the two page display if you are just trying to enlarge the page. For that, use the cropping feature, as that won't impact the quality of the rendering. If the two page display looks "out of focus" even without any zooming, then it may be the quality of the images in the PDF. Do you know what the resolution of the images are in the PDF? Were they scanned at 300 DPI or higher?

Mike
I'm not sure how the check the DPI of a pdf file.  They were not scanned but downloaded from a music site that creates them.  I must admit I thought pdf's use fonts and not dumb images.
I think Adobe Acrobat will tell you the resolution if you display the properties (I recently had to reinstall win10 so can't check immediately; just found that the W10 File Explorer doesn't show it).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(08-19-2018, 06:20 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I think Adobe Acrobat will tell you the resolution if you display the properties (I recently had to reinstall win10 so can't check immediately; just found that the W10 File Explorer doesn't show it).

Geoff

No sorry.  It lists the fonts used though