• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows backups not valid on Android with 2.3.5
I have both the Windows and Android versions of MSP.  I do most of my editing in Windows and use Backup-Restore to get the latest changes onto my Android tablet.  I use Google Drive to get the backup files from one to the other.

My Android version was updated to 2.3.5.  My Windows version was at 2.3.3.  On 8/15, I tried to Backup-Restore.  It would backup without issue in Windows but the Restore would fail with:

The restore failed to complete due to an error:
Unable to write database file to disk
Your library may no longer work correctly.

I had a backup from 7/28, so I ran a restore onto the Android tablet with that file and and it worked fine.  If I ran a restore within Windows with the same 8/15 file, it would restore without issue.  I knew that the Windows 2.3.5 was in approval mode, so I waited until the update was available.  Once the Windows version was at 2.3.5, I ran the backup-restore again but received the same error message on the Android side.

Since I knew that you have recently included a SYNC function, I copied the backup to a local location on the Android and tried the SYNC FROM BACKUP routine.  This gave the following message:

The backup file seems to be invalid.
Failed to synchronize library to selected backup file

I have not tried uninstalling/reinstalling on either side, since the previous backup works just fine on Android and the newest backups work fine in Windows.  If you need the backup file, I have no problems attaching it but it's over 400MB, so I'll wait for a request before sending it.  Thanks.

Michael

P.S. In order to make the gig, I restored off the older file and made the changes on the Android, just as I had done in Windows.  All the changes went in without issue.  It was just adding 3 new ChordPro files (created inside MSP) and a new set list to incorporate those new songs.
That is a bug I just fixed today and will be releasing updates for. If you restore a backup but uncheck "Restore Settings", you will encounter this issue. Hopefully the update should be approved quickly.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-25-2018, 06:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That is a bug I just fixed today and will be releasing updates for. If you restore a backup but uncheck "Restore Settings", you will encounter this issue. Hopefully the update should be approved quickly.

Thanks,
Mike

Great!  Since I'm going from Windows to Android, I usually remove that checkmark. I WAS able to restore with that checkmark in place, so I'm good for this weekend.  Thanks!

Michael