• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Chromebook Plus Locked in desktop mode fix
2 days ago when I connected my AirTurn PED pro to my Samsung Chromebook Plus, the Chromebook became locked in desktop (landscape) mode - rotating the device did not do anything. After much investigation, I found out that the problem was in the latest release of the Chrome OS (dated Aug 22, 2018). I fixed the problem by reverting to the last version of the Chrome OS (dated June 22, 2018). This isn't exactly a MobilSheets problem, but it did prevent me from using MobilSheets in portrait mode - it really had me worried for a while since I am not excited about running MobilSheets in landscape mode. I hope this helps someone else in need.
(09-16-2018, 07:38 AM)TiredFingers Wrote: 2 days ago when I connected my AirTurn PED pro to my Samsung Chromebook Plus, the Chromebook became locked in desktop (landscape) mode - rotating the device did not do anything. After much investigation, I found out that the problem was in the latest release of the Chrome OS (dated Aug 22, 2018). I fixed the problem by reverting to the last version of the Chrome OS (dated June 22, 2018). This isn't exactly a MobilSheets problem, but it did prevent me from using MobilSheets in portrait mode - it really had me worried for a while since I am not excited about running MobilSheets in landscape mode. I hope this helps someone else in need.

I can confirm this problem with a Samsung Chromebook Pro. I have a Donner dual pedal that when I connect to bluetooth, forces Mobile Sheets into desktop mode. When I disconnect it will go back to the Chromebook auto rotate mode. I recently noticed this after a recent Chrome OS update as well.
This problem is not a MobileSheets problem.  

I have the Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 and am able to get PED to turn pages and start audio within the app MobileSheetsPro in my Chromebook. 

The problem was as several have expressed that I could not get into Portrait mode while the foot pedal was connected via bluetooth.

So... I have now learned that holding down the control-shift-reset (or refresh- F3) keys at the same time will rotate the screen 90 degrees each time they are pressed in whatever app or page you are on!

So my very favorite Mobile sheets pro program is working fine in Portrait mode for my gigs.  

No need to revert back to old versions of OS.
Hello,

So, if I am looking to buy a Chromebook, should I concerned about this?  

Would I just holding down the control-shift-reset (or refresh- F3) keys at the same once before starting Mobilesheets fix this? And all songs will now be shown in portrait?

Can you have this as the default in Chrome so it will automatically default to portrait view? Without having to press control-shift-reset (or refresh- F3)?

Jeff