• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduling backups
Is there a way to schedule a mobilesheets backup "if there was a change"? 

Usecase: I make all my annotations on my primary tablet, but I take at least another tablet with me whenever I have to rely on mobilesheets. Syncing within mobilesheets between multiple devices doesn't fit really here, so I rely on full backups synced between my devices. 

Currently I have to remember creating the backup regularly. The backup file then gets automatically synced to my backup tablets, and in case of an problem with my primary tablet I just switch to one of the backup tablets, restore the latest synced backup and am good to continue... 
I really would like to somehow have an automatic backup made e.g. at 3am in the morning after I made a change the day before.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
I don't really think it's going to work having MobileSheets automatically create backups like that, because it is not a background service, so if the device is screen is off and the app is paused, it can't trigger a pretty heavy operation like creating an entire library backup. I am going to look into supporting an automatic sync feature to the cloud, but similarly, I don't think the sync is going to be able to proceed while the device screen is off and the app is paused. I am going to add backup reminders very soon though, so at least users are prompted to create backups on a regular interval (and users will be able to change this interval).

Mike
(02-11-2024, 04:23 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't really think it's going to work having MobileSheets automatically create backups like that, because it is not a background service, so if the device is screen is off and the app is paused, it can't trigger a pretty heavy operation like creating an entire library backup. I am going to look into supporting an automatic sync feature to the cloud, but similarly, I don't think the sync is going to be able to proceed while the device screen is off and the app is paused. I am going to add backup reminders very soon though, so at least users are prompted to create backups on a regular interval (and users will be able to change this interval).

Mike

If you're considering backup reminders, it would be a nice feature to have (configurable) upon exit, a popup "your library has changed, would you like to backup now"?  Along with xInterval backup reminders if it hasn't' been backup up in X days.  

I just moved here from Songbook Pro and I am absolutely loving Mobile Sheets so thanks for all you do