• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.3.9 Released
MobileSheets (Windows 10) and MobileSheetsPro (Android) v2.3.9 has been released. This update contains a significant number of new features and bug fixes. The following new features have been added:

1) OneDrive Support

OneDrive integration has been added, so it's now possible to import directly from OneDrive. You can also export files and use the library backup/restore features with OneDrive. In the file browser, the separate icons for Dropbox and Google Drive have been collapsed into a single new cloud icon.

2) New Audio Player Backend (change pitch/tempo/crossfading)

Thanks to the Superpowered Audio library, MobileSheets now has much more powerful audio backend. It is now possible to change the pitch and/or playback speed of a song. The audio playback should also be more reliable across all devices. The new audio library only works for the most commonly used audio file types though (i.e. mp3, m4a, wav, aac), so if a different kind of audio file is used such as a midi file, the old audio library will be used. 

As part of adding the new audio library, I also added support for crossfading between tracks with an adjustable crossfade duration.

3) Support  for AirTurn Direct Mode

For users with an AirTurn PED, PED Pro, or one of the new BT-200 pedals, you can now utilize AirTurn Direct Mode with MobileSheetsPro. This uses Bluetooth LE (which uses less power) and doesn't disable the virtual keyboard like pairing does. The AirTurn Direct Mode dialog can be accessed through the Touch & Pedal section of the Settings screen.

4) Added e-ink mode and stylus changes

For users with an Onyx Boox Max or other e-ink tablet, I've added a "E-Ink Mode" setting in the annotations editor (tap the circle at the top left to access this). This will slow the redraw rate while annotating which makes the e-ink device much more responsive. 

I've also added new logic to disable touch input while a smart stylus is hovering or down. This should make it much easier to annotate without accidental panning or zooming. A new setting is also available to completely disable touch input when stylus mode is enabled.

5) Added setting to force screen orientation

Some users have experienced issues with being able to control their device rotation, so a new setting has been added to force MobileSheets to a given rotation.

The full list of changes can be found below:

Changes made to both versions:
  • Added new audio player backend to support pitch and playback speed adjustments.
  • Added support for crossfading audio tracks with an adjustable crossfade duration.
  • Added support for switching between multiple libraries. The new feature can be found under Library Settings.
  • Added support for AirTurn Direct Mode under "Touch and Pedal Settings". This uses Bluetooth LE and keeps the virtual keyboard enabled.
  • Fixed issue with using the metronome speed for automatic scrolling that could cause the scroll speed to vary between pages.
  • Fixed issue when using the "Connect Devices" feature to turn pages in combination with repeat mode.
  • Fixed various bugs with synchronizing to a cloud folder
  • Fixed bug with incorrect margins being used for text files for all pages other than the first
  • Fixed bug with chords containing sus2 or sus4 not being correctly handled in text files
  • Decreased chord pro comment box size
  • The two page mode can now be selected in portrait orientation.
Changes made to MobileSheetsPro (Android)
  • Added support for OneDrive. Collapsed all cloud sources into one icon in file browser.
  • Touch input is now disabled if stylus mode is active and a stylus is hovering or down.
  • Added option to completely disable touch input while stylus mode is active.
  • Added new E-Ink setting to annotation editor to slow redraw rate. This significantly improves annotating on E-Ink devices such as the Onyx Max.
  • Fixed bug with using trailing spaces in a text annotation. The annotation width is now correctly calculated.
  • Fixed drawing issue that could occur on some devices with the bottom section of the song overlay.
  • Fixed potential error where invalid cropping coordinates could be used, causing a page not to render
  • Added setting to force tablet orientation. This applies to all screens.
  • The Generate Song List feature now provides a default filename when generating a text file.
  • Fixed issue with importing files into MobileSheetsPro from email clients.
Changes made to MobileSheets (Windows 10)
  • Fixed bug that could cause annotations to render incorrectly when using the two page display mode
  • Fixed bug when using link points with the half page turn mode in portrait orientation where link points were visible on the wrong pages.
  • Fixed bug with reordering files in the song editor that caused the file path to be displayed. A separate info icon is now available to show the path.
  • Updated Google Drive library to latest available version.
  • Fixed bug where "Sync to PC" and "Connect Devices" features wouldn't select an IPv4 network address
  • Updated PDF library used with "Quality" Render Preference
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.7.5
  • Updated database code to account for new audio file fields
  • Fixed bug with text file margins after the first page
Mike
I have a Microsoft Surface Pro (5) and I'm having significant problems with the new audio engine.  

I have set lists where most of the songs have audio files.  As I go through the list, starting each song, it is responsive at first, but at some point the song does not start immediately when I hit play.  (Usually touching the bottom of the screen, but also on the player.)  Eventually I can hear the laptop fan kick on, indicating high load, and I can see in Task Manager that MobileSheets is taking all the available CPU.  By restarting MobileSheets, I clear the condition, but it recurs in the same manner every time.

I've tried two different set lists.  Around the  fifth audio playing, the fan kicks on and the player does not start immediately.  By keeping the player window open, I can see when the song is ready to play by when the time progress indicator (0:00 / 1:15) appears to the right of the position locator.  While this is appears immediately for the first several songs, it bogs down after a while, getting progressively slower until I restart MobileSheets.

I'm very interested in an option to roll back to previous version when issues like this occur.
I will run some tests to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. I did test playing through multiple tracks in a row and switching between them. Perhaps it has something to do with setlists and switching between songs.  Did you change the audio player setting that groups all tracks in the setlist into one list for playback, or did you leave the default mode where the audio player only shows tracks for the current song?

As far as downgrading, this is not a normal update. It contained a lot of big changes that carried some risk. Most updates are not like that. The Microsoft Store does not contain a way to downgrade. If you purchased off my FastSpring store, then you could downgrade, but the problem is this update changed the fields in the database, so it's very risky to try downgrading. I'll do what I can to fix the issues as fast as I can, which shouldn't be a problem if I can find a way to reproduce them.

Thanks,
Mike
My original test was with single setlist, multiple songs, not grouping all tracks into one list for playback.  I just tried grouping all tracks and the issue is the same when I switch between tracks within the player, same song.  The first few are immediate, then it bogs down, and I can see in task manager that mobilesheets is using 85%+ CPU consistently whether the track is playing or not.  So it does not appear to be related to switching songs/set lists.

I'm trying to replicate on my desktop now.

EDIT: I'm having similar problems on my desktop, Windows 10.  The MobileSheets app starts using 100% CPU.  I'm not able to replicate it fully, though, because of other problems, below. 

* I was not able to restore a backup taken on my 2.3.9 Surface Pro 5 on my desktop.  It said it couldn't write the files.  (I've honestly not used MobileSheets much at all on my desktop so I don't have a baseline for "working".)
* When I add songs, and then add audio files to songs, it says "Unable to load file" even though I can see the file in the directory within the library location on disk.
* When I first add the song, before clicking "OK", I'm able to preview it, but after clicking "OK" I can't play it, I get the above problem.

I'm not going to test further on the Surface Pro because it is critical equipment for me tonight, and at least it is displaying songs correctly as before.
(10-31-2018, 10:39 AM)Zuberman Wrote:
  • Fixed various bugs with synchronizing to a cloud folder

Does this include
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...5#pid22835
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
It addresses being able to edit the page order for a text/chord pro file when you shouldn't be able to. The larger issue of comparing text/chord pro files between devices when they have a different number of pages is a bigger issue. The page order for those file types is driven by how many pages are necessary to render the text/chord pro file on a given device. So if one device requires two pages to render it, and the other one, you will get a mismatch during the library merge. I can't ignore this though because one device could have added annotations, link points, etc to the second page of their chord pro file while the other tablet only has one page. I don't really have a good answer for how to prevent merge conflicts when the devices don't agree on how many pages the text/chord pro file should be. Perhaps I'll have to write code to analyze each page of the chord pro file and if there are no annotations, link points, bookmarks, etc that reference pages that exist on one tablet but not the other, then I could ignore the difference in the number of pages.

Mike
This is my first time using these forums (been using the software for quite a few months though) so I'm hoping this is the right place to post this.

Odd things are happening to my annotations. I use it in single page portrait mode and what I thought were random annotations started showing up. But when I tried switching it to two page landscape mode they all are where they're supposed to be. It looks like single page portrait mode is displaying annotations from multiple pages on one page.

The "bogus" annotations also disappear/reappear when I have a half-page turned. i.e. I change the top half, nothing shows up, change the bottom half and the bogus annotations show up on the top half.

(Thank you for an awesome program though, I've been thoroughly enjoying using it for months now.)
Could you please maintain some kind of version history again. Thanks.

The "News" topic in the forum was a great source for information when a  new version is available and what it contains (to know if it's worth updating). A lot of versions were released during the last weeks, some with problems, some rapidly fixing the issues immediately. It has become hard to keep track of what is going on.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(11-01-2018, 01:16 AM)dbavirt Wrote: My original test was with single setlist, multiple songs, not grouping all tracks into one list for playback.  I just tried grouping all tracks and the issue is the same when I switch between tracks within the player, same song.  The first few are immediate, then it bogs down, and I can see in task manager that mobilesheets is using 85%+ CPU consistently whether the track is playing or not.  So it does not appear to be related to switching songs/set lists.

I'm trying to replicate on my desktop now.

EDIT: I'm having similar problems on my desktop, Windows 10.  The MobileSheets app starts using 100% CPU.  I'm not able to replicate it fully, though, because of other problems, below. 

* I was not able to restore a backup taken on my 2.3.9 Surface Pro 5 on my desktop.  It said it couldn't write the files.  (I've honestly not used MobileSheets much at all on my desktop so I don't have a baseline for "working".)
* When I add songs, and then add audio files to songs, it says "Unable to load file" even though I can see the file in the directory within the library location on disk.
* When I first add the song, before clicking "OK", I'm able to preview it, but after clicking "OK" I can't play it, I get the above problem.

I'm not going to test further on the Surface Pro because it is critical equipment for me tonight, and at least it is displaying songs correctly as before.

The problems on my desktop went away with a recent release.  Seems I was having problems with the new audio engine playing from a non-default storage location.  I was able to restore to desktop from backup, and the problems playing songs went away.  Thanks for resolving these bugs.
My post was addressed to Mike Zuber:
@Mike: Could you please maintain some kind of version history again. Thanks.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I support that. At first I thought "Why" because of the changelogs in the app.  

But then I noticed from a post in the forum that I actually missed the new (and long requested) feature to use multiple libraries.
I think I wouldn't have missed it in a post in news.
Yes, I will post release notes. The only reason that I haven't done this for 2.4.0 through 2.4.3 is because of time. I was very focused on trying to get the issues addressed as fast as possible.
Thanks a lot