• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import removes apostrophe
I've updated to the latest versions of Companion and MSP

I imported an updated version of "I'm in the mood for love".

It imported it as "Im in the mood for love".

It did the same thing with "Groovin' High". It imported as "Groovin High"

I haven't changed any settings within MSP.

How do I resolve this issue of changing the names of the songs on import?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Anyone else notice the names changing when importing a song with an apostrophe in the title?
What version do you believe introduced this? I've looked through every change from 2.3.7 to the latest and I don't see any changes to the way song titles are calculated. I do agree that the apostrophes shouldn't be removed from the song titles.

Thanks,
Mike
(11-07-2018, 05:42 PM)Zuberman Wrote: What version do you believe introduced this? I've looked through every change from 2.3.7 to the latest and I don't see any changes to the way song titles are calculated. I do agree that the apostrophes shouldn't be removed from the song titles.

Thanks,
Mike

It's only with the latest import.

I was importing songs last week when I checked the forum and saw the latest update was posted. I updated all my tablets and continued importing and that's when the apostrophes started disappearing.

It did it on every tablet I have (android 4 and 6 and 7)
I am prepping my tablets for this week/ends gigs. Importing any song with an apostrophe in the title still is removing the apostrophe.

When I see the splash screen quickly import all the songs, i see there is no apostrophe at that point. It's as if the song titles never had an apostrophe in the first place (if this leads to any answers).

At any rate, I'm having to go through and manually adjust the many songs that have apostrophes in them.

Any news on when this will be addressed?
In one of the updates, I made changes to prevent characters that are valid in file names in the cloud from being used in files downloaded to the device. For example, users had downloaded files with a question mark in the name which is not allowed in Windows, so it caused major errors. Unfortunately, that file name sanitization is clearing out far more characters than just the invalid ones, which then messes up the song title. I will work on getting a fix in place. I'm not going to be able to put out an update until Friday though. In the meantime, if you use Import->Local File, you won't encounter this problem.

Mike
Local File = meaning the files need to be on an SD card?