• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery drain?
Has anybody else been having recent issues with battery drain on their windows 10 devices? I've been noticing over the past week that I'm draining much quicker than normal while only running MobileSheets. 

2 hours this morning took me down to about 50% instead of the usual 75% or so...this concerns me.

I'm hoping to track down whether it's related the the app's recent updates or some other Windows updates.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Just to verify, are you running version 2.4.3?
It updated yesterday, but I don't recall the build number. Is that 2.4.3?
AirTurn PED
Yes, that should be version 2.4.3. I'll be curious to hear if others also are experiencing any battery drain. Are you using the experimental audio player or the old one?

Thanks,
Mike
I do not use the audio player. I only use msp to view my music.
AirTurn PED
I have the same issue, battery drains fast in 2.4.3 version. Was not so before.
So there are two of us at least. 
I have noticed that my tablet is running much hotter as well. Still unsure if it's MSP or Windows.
AirTurn PED
I'm going to review every change carefully and do some debugging to see if I can locate any processing threads that are draining CPU needlessly. Do you guys know if the problem is between 2.4.2->2.4.3 or 2.3.8->2.4.3?

Thanks,
Mike
I can't say for certain. I really only started noticing it was bad this past weekend for my Saturday night and Sunday morning church services and wedding. I haven't really kept track of when it updates since Microsoft usually pushes the updates automatically.
AirTurn PED
(11-20-2018, 01:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm going to review every change carefully and do some debugging to see if I can locate any processing threads that are draining CPU needlessly. Do you guys know if the problem is between 2.4.2->2.4.3 or 2.3.8->2.4.3?

Thanks,
Mike

I only noticed it after update from 2.4.2 -> 2.4.3 
Today it was not draining much first 1,5 hour maybe 20%, then I turned screen off during break(Mobilesheets still running) and then next 1,5 hour it went down rapidly from 80% to 28%.
I believe I've located the problem. It only occurs after the app has been suspended and then resumed (so if you turn off the screen or multi-task). I'll submit an update ASAP.

Mike