• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Master/Slave (Wifi) on Android 5
I have 8 Insignia tablets. 5 running Android 5 (lollipop) and 2 running Marshmallow. Cant remember what the last one is running.

I bring a Verizon HotSpot with me to the gigs because all the Lollipop tablets need internet connection to stay on the selected Wifi Network.

I know these are pretty cheap tablets but I didn't have the budget to buy 8 expensive ones.

At any rate a couple tablets (1 in particular) will not stay connected to the group if the Master or Slave's screen is ever turned off (during a set break, for instance). In fact, most of all my tablets I have to instruct the band to not sleep their tablets to insure they stay connected to my Master Tablet.

If the Master or Slave is put to sleep, when turned back on, the slaves will show me the prompt window from within MSP asking if I'd like to keep trying to join the group.

Even when I hit "YES", the bottom splash message will continuously appear "Reconnecting to Group 1...." then "Connected to Group 1" then back to "Reconnecting...".

I will quit out of MSP, turn Wifi Off ... and MSP still shows me those messages even when I'm on the Desktop (Home Screen).

I tried a Wipe to factory settings but it didn't fix the issue.

I have done a LOT of researching about Android 5 (lollipop) and even though all my tablets are set to "keep wifi on during sleep", they will still lose connection to the MSP group even if the Wifi stays on during sleep.

So ... I'm at the point where I'm either going to be looking into getting new tablets 1 by 1 ... or somehow finding another solution I haven't tried yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bluetooth might not be an option because often times the stage sizes are on the larger side and I can't really trust BTooth over that distance.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
The Wifi on these tablets are pretty deplorable.

I'm not sure if its just this model, but, no matter what settings I have selected within the Wifi options, when I sleep the tablet, the Wifi will drop connection totally.

When I'm on the Home screen and Wifi looks connected, I'll click on the MSP app and the Wifi will immediately drop and disconnect to any network I"m currently on.

I imagine this is why I've had so many problems with the Master/Slave functionality of MSP.

I guess I'll have to look into getting new tablets ... but budget is a concern since I'll be buying about 9 of them.

The current tablets I'm using are
https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-...00/4298700

They were about $60 each ... which I thought was a great price considering I needed 9 of them.

If anyone has any suggestions on any used or new tablets that are reliable and run a stable version of Android, Windows, etc ... any suggestions are appreciated.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.