• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
I made the jump to iPad Pro and forscore for iOS.  The iPad's integration with my iPhone and MacBook makes transferring files and collaborating with people a BREEZE... but let me tell you:  Forscore SUCKS compared to MobileSheets Pro!  MobileSheets MOPS THE FLOOR with it!
Forscore doesn't have vertical scroll and doesn't loop charts back to the start... among other features I absolutely miss.
I think what I'm getting at is:  PLEASE MAKE AN iOS VERSION OF MOBILESHEETS PRO!!  It would be amazing!
I certainly plan on porting MobileSheetsPro over to iOS. I'm going to start it next year after delivering promised enhancements and features. It's going to take awhile to port all of the code over though, as it's basically a complete rewrite.

Mike
(12-22-2018, 04:29 AM)bt017 Wrote: I made the jump to iPad Pro and forscore for iOS.  The iPad's integration with my iPhone and MacBook makes transferring files and collaborating with people a BREEZE... but let me tell you:  Forscore SUCKS compared to MobileSheets Pro!  MobileSheets MOPS THE FLOOR with it!
Forscore doesn't have vertical scroll and doesn't loop charts back to the start... among other features I absolutely miss.
I think what I'm getting at is:  PLEASE MAKE AN iOS VERSION OF MOBILESHEETS PRO!!  It would be amazing!

So many people use iPads ... and I'd love the iPad Pro ... and I agree ... ForScore is NOTHING compared to MSP. If MSP went to iOS, so many people would be ecstatic.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
So, it's been a month and one week that I've been gigging with Forscore on iOS and MAN I gotta say HURRY UP AND BRING MOBILESHEETS OVER TO THE iPAD!!
The new iPad Pro is gorgeous.  I got the 12.9" size and it's dream for reading music... but man FS SUCKS compared to MSP!  2 features that I really miss: loop back to page 1 and vertical scrolling.  
But also, MSP was just rock-damn-solid.  Never had a crash.  Never had a hiccup, burp of hint of a glitch running MSP!  FS has a *tiny* bit of a lag to it and just doesn't *snap* the way MSP pro did and I usually will do a reboot before my gig.  Never had to do that with MSP.  If there was a decent Android tablet that was 13" or so, I'd sell my iPad and go back to Android JUST FOR MSP!  It's that good.
I miss being on team Mobile Sheets!
"If there was a decent Android tablet that was 13" or so ...."

Plenty of people here running Android tablets of that size - and larger.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(12-25-2018, 01:48 AM)dallaskruse Wrote: So many people use iPads ... and I'd love the iPad Pro ... and I agree ... ForScore is NOTHING compared to MSP. If MSP went to iOS, so many people would be ecstatic.

Well many people are avoiding Apple/iOS for many serious reasons and could not care less about Apple products.
There are many other iOS apps apart from ForScore.

(01-29-2019, 08:55 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: "If there was a decent Android tablet that was 13" or so ...."
Plenty of people here running Android tablets of that size - and larger.

Onyx Boox Max 2 or Max Pro are Android decent ereaders with great battery life. There are 13.3" - so even bigger than IpAD.
I am also using an iPad for everything but mobilesheets (which runs on an android tablet). 
This is not the place to discuss apple vs android I guess. But there is no doubt that mobilesheets is by far better than every app I have tested on iOS so far...

Looking very much forward to an iOS version, Mike!

Best,
Marc
Thank you Marc. With iPads constituting such a large share of the market, I definitely think it makes a lot of sense for me to create an iOS version, so after delivering some of the features I've promised, I'm going to start working on that. I think it would be of great value to musicians for me to support every platform, as I know there are a lot of choirs, orchestras, etc, where some users have iPad, some have Android and some have Windows. Offering software that works on all three would make it a very appealing choice for those groups so that there is less complication with sharing songs/setlists, etc. 

Mike
(02-02-2019, 03:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: .... Offering software that works on all three would make it a very appealing choice for those groups so that there is less complication with sharing songs/setlists, etc. 

I cannot stress that enough. Users (including myself) do not care about platform borders (why should they) and cross platforming is a major reason for any application to consider buying for me. Especially for apps where I'm probably not the only one to use them, of course. And looking from now, you would even be the only sheet-music-app featuring all tablet OSs, as far as I know... not to mention the benefits, that MSP already has.  Wink

But of course this is a major work for you, so take your time!
I also just switched to iPad, as I was tired of Samsung not updating the 12.2 tablet to something newer than OS5. I thought Mobile Sheets was available in iOS, but...nope. Sadness! Then I read above that it is one of this year’s projects. Happiness: restored!

I’ve been with you since MS, the original version. 4SC is a poor substitute.

You may remember me from a few prior emails, and if so, you know I can be pretty detailed and responsive. Should you need a beta tester, please let me know. Not only do I have that other program, I always carry paper music to gigs...just in case electronics fail.

Mark Racicot
Thank you Mark, I'll definitely reach out to people once the iOS version is that far along.  I'm really hoping there will be a sizable group of users that want to use MobileSheets on iOS despite the large number of competing apps.  I'll just have to do my best to make sure MobileSheets offers unique functionality and design choices to set it apart.

Mike
(02-12-2019, 02:30 PM)euph-mark Wrote: I also just switched to iPad, as I was tired of Samsung not updating the 12.2 tablet to something newer than OS5.

You are aware that Apple stops updating, too? My wife's iPad hasn't had updates for years... No new iOS, no security updates.

Most Android tablets can be tweaked to run custom ROMs so at least you can stay up-to-date.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(02-12-2019, 05:41 PM)sciurius Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 02:30 PM)euph-mark Wrote: I also just switched to iPad, as I was tired of Samsung not updating the 12.2 tablet to something newer than OS5.

You are aware that Apple stops updating, too? My wife's iPad hasn't had updates for years... No new iOS, no security updates.

Most Android tablets can be tweaked to run custom ROMs so at least you can stay up-to-date.

Yep, fully aware. Having purchased the 2018 iPad Pro, however, I'm hopeful I'll get more than the single OS update I got from Samsung...  Smile

Mark Racicot

Lineage OS updated 12.2 tablet in February 2019.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/v1awifi
Hi Mike, any update on your plans for iOS?
Egal,
Marc