• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
Hi, I have been using MSP on an Android tablet for a few years now and I’m really happy with it. Recently, I bought an iPad and, if there are still some spots up for grabs, I’d like to join the beta.
Hi Mike,
I‘ve been using Mobile Sheets Pro on Android for several years now.
Recently I bought an iPad Pro, and I would like to become a beta tester of the iOS version.
Can you please notify me as soon as the first release is available?
Many thanks!  Rolleyes
I can certainly include you both. I've been working through some difficult issues with touch gesture detection and getting zooming to work correctly which has been consuming a lot of time, so I'm definitely behind schedule, but I'm going to do my best to get things finished and ready within the next 4-6 weeks.

Mike
Hallo. I have also been using Mobilesheets on an Nexus Android tablet since many years now. Actually I bought an IPad Pro and I would like to use Mobilesheets furthermore. 

Would it be possible also taking part as a Beta test member?
Greetings from Germany 
Sure thing Monika - I'll include you as well. 

Mike
So, I already volunteered for the beta. But now I've finally bought a iPad Pro 2021 so I can betatest properly (my old one with 16 GB wouldn't have enough space for even a third of my database with sheets).

I may want to start to experiment a bit, maybe even buy forscore just to see how it measures up to MSP or what it does better. No worries, I'm sticking to MSP of course. :-)

But, Mike, can you maybe already give some hints what I have to look out for if I want to save my sheets already on the iPad? Some specific location to save or something else to ensure the compatibility with my databases on Android and W10?
iOS locks down things pretty hard in terms of file storage. Each application has their own sandbox in which their files have to live. So MobileSheets will have its own storage that no other application can access, for example. So if you installed forScore, it would largely be the same situation - it will copy your PDFs into its sandbox and if you wanted to move them to MobileSheets, you'd have to export all of the files from forScore and then import them into MobileSheets. Using my macbook, I was able to select my tablet in Finder, then drag & drop a folder containings lots of PDFs on MobileSheets and it copied the files into the sandbox for MobileSheets so that MobileSheets could access them directly. 

Mike
I was fearing that. So a "no go" for my wish to simply sync the sheets among my devices with resilio sync or dropbox or something. I really dislike iOS and the restrictions of the Apple universe and will firmly remain a Windows and Android user inspite shelling out the big bucks for the iPad.
I’m in on being a beta tester for iOS too please!
Sure, I'll include you as well.

Mike
I’m in on being a beta tester for iOS too please!
(06-14-2022, 03:40 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sure, I'll include you as well.

Mike

Hey! My friend is texting me daily about MobileSheets and it’s awesomeness. As an apple user, I’d love to be able to help with the beta testing if there are any spots left.
I'll certainly include you both. I'm in the final stretch of getting things finished and ready for the beta. 

Mike
(06-21-2022, 08:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll certainly include you both. I'm in the final stretch of getting things finished and ready for the beta. 

Mike

Could my friend Ginni with an iPad get in on the app beta test?
Thanks. Love the app.
Yes, but I'm going to be adding people through TestFlight using the forum they are registered with on the forum (unless people directly message me requesting that I use a different email address for them). So I will need Ginni's email address if she wants to participate in the beta. Also, while it's valuable to have feedback from users who are new to MobileSheets, the beta is probably going to work best for those that are already familiar with the software and will be testing out their existing libraries.

Mike