• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Duplicate files/songs?
I have a fairly large library so there's plenty of instances where I have songs with the same filename. I also have the same PDF file imported more than once for use in different collections as I play some of the same material with different groups and need to annotate the part differently for each group.

At one point I imported songs in the past, MobileSheets would append a four-digit number to the filename to allow multiple instances of the same filename, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore and I don't see an option to enable it. Now when I import something with a filename already existing in my library, it either asks me to rename the file (which works) or it aborts the import automatically without giving me the choice (which happens a majority of the time).

Am I missing a workaround here? Thanks.
When you import the same file again, just select the option to use the existing file on the conflict dialog. All of the songs can share the same PDF without any problems. Annotations are saved in the database, so each song can have different annotations even if they share the same underlying PDF. 

Mike