• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes Field Suggestions
First off, I absolute LOVE MobileSheets!!

400+ self-created PDF sheets in my database so far in two months, no issues, learning new things every day and the software is getting better all the time. Of course, I have feature requests that would be a nice addition to the notes field.

My apologies if these suggestions have already been covered, but a search revealed nothing…at least to me.

First, would it be possible to add text wrap to the Notes field so if I copy/paste some information about a song from Wikipedia or elsewhere, it wouldn’t paste as a single line that I have to edit to add the returns? Unless I am doing something wrong, right now anything I copy/paste ends up as one line and is difficult to read unless I fix it to remain within the borders of the text box as multiple lines.

Second, would it be possible to have Notes field entries or editing be accessible when batch editing multiple sheets?

In my application and database, I have multiple sheets in different keys to cover those situations when it is handy. If I wish to add notes to a song such as anecdotal info on the song’s origin, etc. I have to do it multiples time so the notes appear on each version.

If I could batch edit the notes field, I could add that same info to all the sheets at once.

Thanks again for MobileSheets!
Smile 
An info screen, that contains informations about the next song or the artist, to inform the audience, would be a big help for me and my band too. Wink
I'm not sure why the notes didn't wrap for Scherzo. I just pasted a really long line from Wikipedia and it wrapped the text just fine.

Batch editing notes is not something I can promise to support though. Perhaps through the companion app, but I don't see a nice way to integrate that into the existing batch edit dialog. It would require a completely separate editing dialog or screen, and unless I get a lot of requests for that, there are higher priority things I need to work.

Klack - as for your request, where are you wanting that screen? Additional details or a mockup of what you are wanting would help.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-14-2019, 05:05 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm not sure why the notes didn't wrap for Scherzo. I just pasted a really long line from Wikipedia and it wrapped the text just fine.

Batch editing notes is not something I can promise to support though. Perhaps through the companion app, but I don't see a nice way to integrate that into the existing batch edit dialog. It would require a completely separate editing dialog or screen, and unless I get a lot of requests for that, there are higher priority things I need to work.

Klack - as for your request, where are you wanting that screen? Additional details or a mockup of what you are wanting would help.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

as I use a german version, it is a bit difficult for me to explain. But I try so. When the song is displayed, I can touch to the low right corner to open a window, that lets me select, play, autoscroll, setlist etc. If there was an other bottom, to "fade in and out" a text window with that info would be great.

Regards
Klaus
Have you tried creating notes for the song? - these display when the song is displayed and are dismissed by tapping the screen.
Note that two types of note are available - one for the song and one for when a song is included in a set list.

You might also find it useful to create dummy pdf's that can be included in a setlist; These dumy files can then be used to denote breaks, last song, encore, "last song but 12 etc

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
As Geoff has mentioned, you can tap the notepad icon at the top left of the song overlay to add notes to the song that can be displayed when it is loaded. You can also trigger those notes to show by assigning them as a touch action under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions. Will that meet your needs?

Mike