• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Up & Restore on a NEW Device
Music 
Hello.

I am new to Mobile Sheets so bare with me, please.

I am a pro player who has just installed Mobile Sheets on a Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) running Windows 10.

I am concerned that should something go wrong, or get broken, I don't have a backup.
I have pdf lyrics together with audio mp3 of about 340 songs.
I have performed a backup....and there is a backup file on the C drive of 900,000kbs.
Is this the actual location of all the imported files and Mp3s?

I imported several large folders of Mp3s and Music & Lyric sheets onto the hard drive.

When I import individual tracks into the Mobile Sheets app I get a message saying "File imported", however I can't see where it is imported to.
Is it just remembering the file pathway...or actually importing it into Mobile Sheets?

My end game is that I want to buy another Surface Pro (2017) and copy everything across...as a complete backup solution.
If I copy the backup file on my C Drive to another device, also running mobile sheets, will it just work?

Hopefully somebody will be able to help?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

FYI: I work away on ships a lot (Wifi access is often not possible) so Cloud based solutions are not appropriate for me.
Hello Steve,

Sorry for the delay in answering your post. Yes, the backup file contains all of the imported files and mp3s, the database file and all of the settings. 

When you import a file, it will be copied to the storage location specified under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location. By default, MobileSheets will use the default data directory that Microsoft assigns to it which is C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState.  You can change this directory if you wish and MobileSheets will copy your library to the new folder. The database file cannot be moved though (due to limitations with the SQLite library for C# UWP), so it must stay in that default directory. The settings files also stay in that file.  All files are tracked in the database using relative paths (relative to the storage location) so you can't move files outside of MobileSheetsPro or your songs won't load correctly.

If you copy over the .msb file and then restore it under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup on your new Surface Pro, your entire library will be available. It's fairliy quick and easy.  If you need to keep the two devices in sync, you can continue to use library backups, or you can use the library sync feature that can be found at the top right of the library screen (tap the three dots) under "Sync Library->Sync to another device".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike