Poll: How should page ranges be selected for PDFs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start Page/End Page
57.14%
4 57.14%
Start Page/# of Pages
42.86%
3 42.86%
I don't like either method.
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start Page/End Page sliders. User opinions desired.
Hello everyone. One user wrote in to me about the usability of the start page/end page sliders, and how it is confusing that all three sliders (page, start page, end page) can affect each other. He suggested that I change it to Start Page, and # of pages, so that you can, for example, say, "I want start page 150, and 2 pages", instead of "Start page 150, End Page 151". The argument is that it's easier to specify this when most of the time people just want to cut out one or two pages from a large PDF.

So I wanted to ask everyone what they think. Should I switch to this method of selecting page ranges, or do you think the current way of selecting pages is okay? Or do you want something entirely different? I'm still going to be making some changes to better support large documents, but I would like some feedback before I completely change this aspect. Thanks everyone!

NOTE: You can manually enter values by double tapping on the labels next to the sliders. I have not made this very clear up to this point though, so I will try to fix that.
The counsel of perfection would be to have the ability to switch between these options in a "preferences" menu, but. If it's either or, I'd prefer page x for z pages.
Cliff
I don't use this feature yet, but once I get round to sorting my fakebooks I probably will need to. In which case, I would prefer page x - page y. The same way as when you print something, you specify 'page 4 - page 6', not 'page 4 for 3 pages', I'm not sure why you would want that!

But as Cliff suggests, perhaps a user option would solve it.
Chris
Well, I guess we have a winner. I'm going to keep Start Page and End Page, but I'm going to remove the sliders and replace them with textboxes. The sliders become far too inaccurate when you have documents with hundreds of pages. Tapping the textbox will bring up the same dialog that is presented now when you tap the label. I might also reword it to be more like a print screen, i.e. Use Pages [ ] - [ ]. I hope this works for everyone. Thanks for those who provided input.
Just getting started with fakebooks but works great and is simple. Simply load your fakebook and select desired page...then do a screen shot in ICS. Import image into MS. Tested on Asus 300.

Mike can please advise on speed and quality which was excellent Asus.