• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
batch import csv files
I just started with MobileSheets and liking the csv option a lot. I was wondering, is it possible to batch import a collection of csv files? Tried the batch import using the *.csv filter, but that didn´t work.
No, it's not currently possible to batch import a CSV file as the feature requires you to pick which songs you want to create from the .csv file. I do plan on supporting more options with csv files in the future, such as being able to specify songs from multiple different files in the csv.

Mike
This feature would be very useful to me. I have about 10000 PDFs to import, with their corresponding CSV files.

I don't need any additional inputs per file... just the ability to batch import the PDFs with the data specified in its CSV file.
It would be nice to allow either multiselect of the CSV files for later updates, or the ability to have the file update the DB in place.
Thanks for the feedback - it always helps to know how many users are waiting for a particular feature when I try to weigh priorities.

Mike
(09-19-2023, 05:29 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks for the feedback - it always helps to know how many users are waiting for a particular feature when I try to weigh priorities.

Mike

The single csv import has additional issues, besides time, in that it tends to hang with "Loading pieces from database" progress bar showing. I need to kill the app, and try again. It often seems to fail on the second import of the app run.
Please send me one of the csv and PDF files that is causing that for you. I've never seen that during my testing with the CSV files I've used. Do I just need to import multiple csv files in a row to see that problem? Or is it more prevalent with certain files?

Thanks,
Mike
(10-14-2023, 10:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please send me one of the csv and PDF files that is causing that for you. I've never seen that during my testing with the CSV files I've used. Do I just need to import multiple csv files in a row to see that problem? Or is it more prevalent with certain files?

Thanks,
Mike

How should I send the sample pair?  

Note that I already have 30,000 pieces pointing at almost 10,000 PDF files already in the database. 
These entries were created by me programmatically inserting into an empty MobileSheets DB file (just the entries that you get from a fresh install, or DB clear).

The hang occurs before I can hit the OK button. And the same files work if I kill the program and restart.

I spent some time trying to get a stack dump for you, but it seems I need to root my device first. 
I've also had hangs going into settings, and coming out with a similar dialog.

With no evidence to back it, it feels like a GC pause. (My java/kotlin programmer hat).
One of the changes I made in a more recent update is I calculate a file hash for the PDF tied to the CSV file so that any file that is created uses that hash code. It sounds to me like that hash calculation is causing a problem for you, as I don't know what else would cause a hang. If you can send a few files to mike@zubersoft.com, that would help.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-14-2023, 12:11 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: One of the changes I made in a more recent update is I calculate a file hash for the PDF tied to the CSV file so that any file that is created uses that hash code. It sounds to me like that hash calculation is causing a problem for you, as I don't know what else would cause a hang. If you can send a few files to mike@zubersoft.com, that would help.

Thanks,
Mike

The hangs still happen with the newest code. (3.8.16). I've you emailed a logcat file showing various GC failures.