• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest ChromeOS Update - Important Fixes
I just updated my Samsung Chromebook Plus to the latest beta build (which runs Android 9.0), and some important issues are now fixed (these may be fixed with the stable build of 72 as well):
  • SD cards now function properly. I was able to set my MobileSheetsPro storage location to the SD card and everything worked like you would expect. This is a huge change as SD cards were basically non-functional before.
  • MIDI functionality is now working - I now have no problems connecting my MIDI keyboards to my Chromebook using the Google MIDI library

I would definitely recommend that users update their ChromeOS devices to this latest version for the best compatibility with MobileSheetsPro. There is probably one more thing that I should mention: ChromeOS has a firewall in it that prevents certain types of networking. For example, you will not be able to automatically connect to the companion application (you have to use WiFi Direct Connect) and you will have to use the direct connection options when using the "Connect Devices" feature and the "Sync Library" feature. In order to get around this, I will eventually have to switch to using DNS-based Service Discovery (DNS-SD) which doesn't have the same networking restrictions. The reason I haven't done this yet as it's only supported on Android 4.1 or later and I didn't want to cut off that functionality from users running Android 4.0.3. I may make this change soon, at which point users running Android 4.0.3 would have to use the direct connection options and Chrome OS devices will start to be able to connect normally.

Mike