• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
(05-13-2019, 01:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The settings screen is mostly dynamic and is driven by components from Google. I just supply some glue in terms of what settings to display and how to map them back to my code. Doing something like trying to redesign the settings so that you can go forward/backward through multiple screens would require me to write my own implementation of the entire settings screen (a significant investment of time). Even if I just wanted to split the settings into smaller sections and have a lot more sections on the side (Display Settings 1, Display Settings 2, Display Settings 3, etc), there are e-ink devices with different screen sizes, so I probably wouldn't eliminate scrolling on all of them. There's also a possibility that the number of entries on the side would get too long as well if I broke them up that way. So I don't have a good answer for this at the moment. If the number of e-ink users grows to a significant number, then it may be worth investing additional time for the settings screen, otherwise I don't think there would be a large reward for the amount of time invested versus other high priority issues.

I left A2 on in the video as I believe it's on by default.

Mike

Thanks for answer.
I didn't know it was so time consuming to change the menu, so don't worry it is just a detail.
I have a Onyx Boox Max (first version) and A2 mode is off by default. Could you please verify the responsiveness of the app with A2 mode off? In particular, isthe delay in turning page the same?
I'm thinking about upgrade from Max to Max2 so it would be very useful to know.
Thanks
You can test it out yourself using the free e-ink version here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

It's equivalent to MobileSheetsFree on Google Play. I think it would be best for you to determine if the app will work well enough on your device, as what I think may be okay may not be okay to you. I can run some basic tests with A2 off though and let you know how it works.

Mike
(05-13-2019, 05:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can test it out yourself using the free e-ink version here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

It's equivalent to MobileSheetsFree on Google Play. I think it would be best for you to determine if the app will work well enough on your device, as what I think may be okay may not be okay to you. I can run some basic tests with A2 off though and let you know how it works.

Mike

Unfortunately, I can't test it because my device runs Android 4.1. Maybe you could make another video and publish it on youtube to promote this version of your app. According to the spare time you have, of course.
The next update I release will have support all the way down to 4.0.3 for the e-ink version. It wasn't necessary for me to raise the minimum version - I believe I just did it because I incorrectly thought that Boox only made devices running 6.0 or higher.

Mike
Okay, I had it completely backward. The video was made with A2 disabled and I rarely use A2. So it will work just fine for you.

Mike
(05-13-2019, 07:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The next update I release will have support all the way down to 4.0.3 for the e-ink version. It wasn't necessary for me to raise the minimum version - I believe I just did it because I incorrectly thought that Boox only made devices running 6.0 or higher.

Mike
Good news! Actually, devices which are now sold all run Android 6.0. But the first generation of devices run Android 4.0.4 (not 4.1 as I wrongly wrote before)
Looking forward for the next update!
(05-13-2019, 08:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Okay, I had it completely backward. The video was made with A2 disabled and I rarely use A2. So it will work just fine for you.

Mike
Another good news!!
Thanks!
Hello everyone. I tested the free version on an Onxy Boox Note 10.3. So far is ideal for my use. Im a conservatory teacher and I keep track of every pupil sheet music.

The only downside is that when you use landscape mode you cant zoom to with and make anotations at the same time. Is there anyway around this?
You can pinch zoom once you are inside the annotations editor. In order to do this, you'll need to tap the circle at the top left and either disable stylus mode or enable touch input while stylus mode is active.

Mike
I downloaded that e-ink version but VirusTotal reports that 7 engines detected this file (VirusTotal). It seems more than a simple false positive. The apk of the free standard version is clean instead. Why?
I guarantee you the e-ink version is completely free of viruses/adware in terms of my code. The only major difference with the e-ink version is that I utilize libraries from Onyx. If you believe Onyx International has viruses or adware in their code, then I don't know what to say about that... I scanned each library from Onyx individually and found no problems. So I'm not sure what's going on. Another difference is that I have to use something called multidex from Google that splits the code into multiple different files to get past certain limits. It's possible that is triggering false positives too.

I'll scan the next update before publishing it to see if it eliminates any of the false positives.

Mike
(11-17-2019, 08:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have no idea what VirusTotal is but I guarantee you the e-ink version is completely free of viruses/adware in terms of my code. The only difference with the e-ink version is that I utilize libraries from Onyx. If you believe Onyx International has viruses or adware in their code, then I don't know what to say about that.

Mike
Okay. Thank you for being honest with me.

PS: VirusTotal is a popular virus, malware and URL online scanning service.
Thanks - I updated my last post a little. Hopefully I can find some way to eliminate those false positives with the next update.
(11-17-2019, 09:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks - I updated my last post a little. Hopefully I can find some way to eliminate those false positives with the next update.
 Thank you! I appreciate your efforts!
(03-16-2019, 04:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: A specialized version of MobileSheetsPro optimized for e-ink devices such as the Boox Max 2 Pro is now available on the FastSpring store here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

This version is different from the standard version of MobileSheetsPro in the following ways:

- The entire application uses a light theme.  Almost all icons and text are black on white providing the greatest contrast and easy readibility. All screens in the application have been updated to work well on e-ink devices.
- Almost all animations in the app have been eliminated. This results in faster page turns, better transitions between tabs on the library screen, and fewer graphical artifacts.
- Freeform annotations with the stylus utilize special rendering on Boox devices allowing the drawings to show up in real time. This makes it much easier to write and draw. The stylus eraser can also be used when in freeform mode to draw a box around content to erase.
- Optimizations have been put in place for pinch zooming and scrolling to make them more fluid
- A new application icon was created that matches the design of the other standard application icons. 

If you are the owner of an e-ink device such as the Boox Max 2 Pro, this is the version you will want to use.

I may put together a short video clip of the Boox Max 2 Pro running this version if any users are interested. I am extremely impressed with the Boox Max 2 Pro now and I think it's a great choice for anyone wanting a 13" device with great battery life.

Mike
Really appreciating the accommodation for e-ink users.  In general most of it working great on my Boox Max Lumi.  However, I am not finding I have the stylus functionality you describe here or that I see in your video.  There is a lot of latency (way more than when I use the native pdf reader) and the eraser function does not work.  I've tried all of the display modes and it still persists.  Is there some optimization I'm missing? Thanks!
I'll send you an email - there is a test version available that fixes that issue on the Boox Max Lumi, I just haven't released an official update yet.

Mike