• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
Hello Mike,

on a email thread you mentioned Onyx Boox settings (ike DPI scaling) to tune up in order to optimise the experience with MobileSheets on those readers. Could you please share which settings you use and how to set those up ? Thanks
To disable app optimizations, which I highly recommend, go to the list of apps on your Onyx device, long press on MobileSheetsPro and tap "Optimize". On the app optimizations dialog, go to "Other" and at the bottom right you will see a switch, If you turn that switch off, it will disable all optimizations. Alternatively, you can just adjust the DPI settings, turn "Embolden Font" off, turn "Whiten Apps Background" off, and adjust any other settings to your liking. These instructions are taken from a BOOX Max 2 Pro, so it's possible they will differ slightly with other models.

Mike
Thanks, that worked well on my Max 3. I mentioned a while back that when changing libraries I couldn't see which library I'd selected. With optimisations switched off it does show the selection though which is great. Might be worth considering having something on the downloads page that suggests switching off optimisations when people download an e-Ink version of the app (if it's for an Onyx tablet). Does seem to make a big difference. Thanks again
Hello everyone, 
I just discovered this forum, until now I always communicated by email with Mike. Sorry for my english, you can blame Google. Cool
First of all, thank you for this application and the work that I imagine it takes, and say that I am very happy with it. 

Still, there are some things that in my Max 3 do not work at all well (I understand that many are Onyx issues but ...). Disabling the "Optimize" option goes much better. 

Most of it is nonsense, but I put them in case they were not known. 

-With the pen function activated, it is difficult to handle the fast action ball and even the menu, because you write instead of navigating through the menu. 

-In the metronome window, phrases appear overwritten on top of each other 

-In the menu to save the changes automatically, the numbers do not appear and it can't be modified. 

-The back of the pencil does not erase, write (in the previous version it worked and was very comfortable) 

I have some ideas of new functions, I will put them in another message in the corresponding section. I guess it's better. 

The new version of the application seems like a very big and very useful improvement, especially the editing part. Thank you Mike for your great work, which facilitates others like mine. 

Best regards.
Manu
(01-22-2021, 04:22 AM)key112 Wrote: Hello everyone, 
I just discovered this forum, until now I always communicated by email with Mike. Sorry for my english, you can blame Google. Cool
First of all, thank you for this application and the work that I imagine it takes, and say that I am very happy with it. 

Still, there are some things that in my Max 3 do not work at all well (I understand that many are Onyx issues but ...). Disabling the "Optimize" option goes much better. 

Most of it is nonsense, but I put them in case they were not known. 

-With the pen function activated, it is difficult to handle the fast action ball and even the menu, because you write instead of navigating through the menu. 

-In the metronome window, phrases appear overwritten on top of each other 

-In the menu to save the changes automatically, the numbers do not appear and it can't be modified. 

-The back of the pencil does not erase, write (in the previous version it worked and was very comfortable) 

I have some ideas of new functions, I will put them in another message in the corresponding section. I guess it's better. 

The new version of the application seems like a very big and very useful improvement, especially the editing part. Thank you Mike for your great work, which facilitates others like mine. 

Best regards.
Manu

Manu,

Sorry to hear that you have the described problem.
I have also a Max and I'm not seeing most of your problems in my device.

- See my metronome window screenshot: What phrases overwritten are you referring to?
- My menu shows the timing for automatic saving and I can change it without problems.
- Regarding the stylus eraser, did you assign the button to be an eraser? You need to do that in the annotations options menu.  However it only works when the pen tool is selected.  I agree that it doesn't work with any other tool selected whereas it works with all tools as eraser in my Samsung tablet.

I wonder if it has anything to do with which Onyx stylus is used.  With my Lumi I have now a fat one with no pocket clip but I liked better the one I had before that came with my Max 3
that was thinner and had a clip.

Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Thanks for your answer Palosanto.

I saw what you comment about the eraser and it was my fault, works fine with the pencil, I didn't note that it only worked with it.

I recently discover the Onyx "Optimize" option and it seems that it's part of the problem. If I leave it disabled some things works better, like frozen device, or simply malfunctions. For example, from a number down of DPI the option for automatic savings appear. Is there a good configuration for the "Optimize" option, or must I leave it disabled ( in this case whith it disabled the numbers didn't appear).

I couldn't solve the metronome options issue. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There seems to be a problem closing the command bar when the pen tool is selected. 
If I open the command bar and then select the pen tool,  I cannot close, flip pages or move the command bar, the pen draws on it instead.
I have no problem closing it if any other tool is selected.  Did anybody experience this?
The problem doesn't affect my Samsung tablet, only my Onyx tablet.

Juan
Donner BT pedal
I can't seem to manage to avoid the screensaver kicking in while viewing a score even though I have the "Keep screen on" set to "Always" under Other settings.  
In e-ink devices the screen is always on even when the device is off so how does that work?
Is this an Onyx limitation?
Donner BT pedal
I will look into the command bar issue. It might already be addressed with the next update - the e-ink version is taking longer because there are a number of complex issues I'm trying to fix. As far as the screen timeout, that is indeed an Onyx limitation. If you go into the OS settings, you can adjust the timeout before the screen saver is activated. That setting currently overrides any application setting. You can set that to several hours, so it shouldn't really be an issue if you do that. I did contact Onyx about this, and they are considering adding an option so that I can keep the display on indefinitely while a song is being viewed.

Mike
(01-25-2021, 03:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: the e-ink version is taking longer because there are a number of complex issues I'm trying to fix.

Thanks Mike although an interim update even as WIP would be always welcome to start enjoying the fixes that you've already implemented ... (hint, hint  Angel)
Donner BT pedal
I've installed today the new version 3.0.6 and I have to say that I'm thrilled to see so many updates and fixes. Thanks for all your hard work, the long wait paid off.
I'm glad to see that the nasty problem with the rectangle area at the bottom of the screen is now writeable. Yes!

So far I've noticed a couple of things though (of course ...)  Smile
The view and annotation modes seem to have each their own zoom/pan levels when going in and out of annotation mode. Is this intended?
I can't zoom in annot mode with the touch disabled so I need to zoom in first in view mode and then go to annotation but then the zoom location is lost somewhere else.
Are you still planning at some point to temporarily enabling touch mode when the pan tool is selected in annot mode as we discussed, maybe in a future version?

Another thing, although small, is that the nudge panel when not pinned and called from the edit bar has a transparent background instead of white so it becomes mixed with the score behind and can be hard to see.

Other than that, I'm happy to see so many requests honored. Thanks again.
Donner BT pedal
In the next update, I'm going to change the "Enable touch input with stylus mode" so that instead of just being a checkbox, it will change to a "Touch Input:" dropdown from which you can select:

Disabled
Allowed, zoom + pan only allowed with pan tool
Allow all touch input

I might change the wording a little bit, but that is the general idea. This will give users to choose if they want to completely disable touch input, have it enabled but only allow panning + zooming with the pan tool (so that accidental gestures are ignored), or allow it all the time. I think that should keep everyone happy.

I have a fix coming for the nudge window issue - I only noticed that after I released the update.

As far as how zooming works with the annotation mode, if you don't force the single page display mode, when you enter the annotation mode, the zoom + panning should not change. When you leave annotation mode, it will revert to the zoom + pan that was in use before annotation mode was activated. If you are seeing a difference in behavior from what I've described, I will have to look into that.

Thanks,
Mike
I am using version 3.0.6 on a Boox Max 3. Things have improved a lot. Thanks for your work, Mike.

There remain two strange problems and it would be interesting to know, if they only affect the Max 3.

1) My pen does have the eraser button at the back. If I use the pen to erase, the eraser-trace is drawn as bold line, but it starts with a straight line from the upper left position (coordinate 0,0) to the current position. It seems like there is missing an initial moveto(). This problem is not visible, when I explicitly choose the eraser tool.

2) If I select the highligher tool and draw with the pen, a normal thin black line is drawn instead of the bold marker line. It becomes the correct highlighted line if I change to another tool after drawing the line.

Daniel
(02-01-2021, 07:11 PM)daniel Wrote: I am using version 3.0.6 on a Boox Max 3. Things have improved a lot. Thanks for your work, Mike.

There remain two strange problems and it would be interesting to know, if they only affect the Max 3.

1) My pen does have the eraser button at the back. If I use the pen to erase, the eraser-trace is drawn as bold line, but it starts with a straight line from the upper left position (coordinate 0,0) to the current position. It seems like there is missing an initial moveto(). This problem is not visible, when I explicitly choose the eraser tool.

2) If I select the highligher tool and draw with the pen, a normal thin black line is drawn instead of the bold marker line. It becomes the correct highlighted line if I change to another tool after drawing the line.

Daniel

I have a Max 3 Lumi with the eraser button on the opposite end of the pen. The eraser works fine but only when the pen tool is selected. With any other tool it emulates the tool, so if I have the text tool selected it draws text rather than being an eraser, I don't know if this is by design although  I seem to remember using a different Onyx pen (with the button on the side) in my previous Max 3 like yours and I'm pretty sure that it could erase also when any other tool was selected not only the pen tool.
Also, I don't have the trace that you describe coming from the top-left corner

I can confirm problem No. 2 also in my Lumi but only when the highlighter freehand style is selected but it works correctly with the rectangle or line styles.
Donner BT pedal
(02-01-2021, 06:30 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: s far as how zooming works with the annotation mode, if you don't force the single page display mode, when you enter the annotation mode, the zoom + panning should not change. When you leave annotation mode, it will revert to the zoom + pan that was in use before annotation mode was activated. If you are seeing a difference in behavior from what I've described, I will have to look into that.
Mike,
So what you are describing seems to indicate that the zoom/pan shouldn't change no matter what mode I am.

I have single page mode and if I zoom in view mode and enter annot. mode, zoom and pan change,  When I exit annot mode it seems to go back to where I was like you said.
That's what I find distracting. 
Similarly if I enable touch in annot mode and zoom to a specific location, when I exit annot mode I get to the previous location in view mode.
Also whenever I change to 100% zoom, the other mode loses the zoomed in level and reverts to also 100%.

Ideally zoom and pan should stay the same no matter what mode is current, either view or annotation.
Donner BT pedal