• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro version 2.5.8 released
Another round of updates has been released with mainly bug fixes and some minor enhancements. The Windows 10 version has not been approved by Microsoft yet, but should be available for download in the next day or two. See the full list of changes below:

Common Changes

Song display settings are now packaged with .msf files
Automatic cropping of imported files is now disabled by default
Fixed bug where changing the page order of a song would not correctly update bookmark page numbers
Fixed potential crashes if invalid page numbers are used with PDFs
Added independent MIDI actions to start and stop automatic scrolling
The timer for automatically turning off the screen after an hour is now reset if a MIDI command is received
The last modified timestamp for songs will no longer be modified when scanning for file changes and no changes actually occur
Added field to enter page numbers on the new bookmark dialog

MobileSheetsPro v2.5.8 (Android)

A popup message is now shown if stylus mode is active and touch input is received but a stylus has not been used
Fixed bug with exporting files to the cloud if all options are unchecked
Fixed various reported crashes

MobileSheets v2.5.8 (Windows 10)

Fixed issue with the automatic scroller when using a fixed total duration that caused the timing to be inaccurate
Fixed issue with changing annotation groups that caused the cycling of groups to not work correctly
Fixed issue with advanced audio player failing to load files with unicode characters
Fixed issue with pedal mappings not being saved correctly if one of the last three values was selected
Fixed potential layout issues in the song editor and cropping screen
MIDI will now continue to function in the background as long as the application is not suspended by Windows
Fixed issue that could cause issues with synchronizing the libraries of paired devices over bluetooth
Improved quality of stamps and text that overlaps with other annotations when exporting annotations into a PDF
Added support for dragging and dropping files into the song editor files and audio lists
Fixed issue with certain windows like the media player going off the screen after the window resizes or is rotated
Fixed crash when writing out annotations to file multiple times in a row
Fixed bug where metadata input was ignored if it was not committed and matched an existing entry
Fixed a significant number of reported crashes and errors
Updated SQL and other libraries. The Fall Creator's Update of Windows 10 is now the minimum supported version

MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.8.3

Added support for song display settings in .msf files
Fixed bug where changing the page order of a song would not correctly update bookmark page numbers

Mike
Good job! Thanks!
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Thanks Mike.

Since the W10 update isn't there yet and I can't try:

> Added support for dragging and dropping files into the song editor files and audio lists

Does this include dragging and dropping audio files onto song lists (you know, those with the note symbol at the right)?
No, it does not. I'm not sure what action you would want to occur in that situation. Are you trying to drag & drop an audio file on top of a song in the list to add the audio file to that song? Or are you wanting it to create a new blank song and add the audio file to that?
The first one. I'm asking for drag & drop of an audio file on top of a song in the list(s) to add the audio file. Preferably without any more dialogue, just adding it with the appearance of the note icon, sort of as a quick adding feature for advanced users who want/to have to add a lot of files quickly.

That's actually in line to my previous request for a way of simplified adding of audio files a couple of days ago.

For my personal use and wishes this drag & drop in W10 (onto a list item) would be completely sufficient. If you want to pursue my other thoughts for Android/W10 in the other request, please do if you want, but it's not so important to me anymore if you get this drag & drop to work.
Quote:Automatic cropping of imported files is now disabled by default

I'm curious why?  The crop detection is already quite conservative.
There is a very rare issue that occurs where invalid crop points are used for files and it can cause content to be cut off. I've only ever seen it once myself and then was unable to reproduce it. I know users have seen it on occasion though, so I'd rather take the approach that users can control if they want cropping or not, but I don't want it on automatically because most users don't know how to clear the cropping once it's set. Most users also don't think to turn that setting off when importing a huge PDF, and the cropping can take a considerable amount of time if there are hundreds of pages.

Mike
Anyone else having issues editing or creating new songs after update?

I have two devices (both windows) and after the update neither one is able to edit songs, when you try and edit the song MS locks up.
There is a bug in the Windows 10 version when editing songs using text or chord pro files. I have a fix in place and will be releasing an update through my Fastspring store immediately. The Microsoft Store version won't be updated until Monday or Tuesday as it has to wait for Microsoft's approval. Anyone who needs an immediate fix should send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com, and we can switch you over to the Fastspring store version. I do apologize for any inconvenience this causes anyone.

Mike
Thanks a lot for the reset of the timer when midi is received!
The update for Windows 10 is now available. I will post separate release notes, although not much changed between the two.

Mike