• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metadata from text file
Hi All, 

I am brand new and need some help. I have hundreds of txt files I would like to import. From what I have read and tried the only Metadata the app can automatically read from the file itself is the title of the song. Is that true? Is there a way to set it up the app or the txt file so the app can read and save other info auelike composer and key? The files are all in one folder not seperate ones.
Thank you, 
Paltiel
Hello Paltiel,

If you are using text files instead of chord pro, "Artist:" and "Title:" are the only two metadata fields recognized. If you need support for additional fields, I might suggest converting to chord pro.

Mike
[attachment=1069 Wrote:Zuberman pid='24890' dateline='1554314689']Hello Paltiel,

If you are using text files instead of chord pro, "Artist:" and "Title:" are the only two metadata fields recognized. If you need support for additional fields, I might suggest converting to chord pro.

Mike

Thank you for replying. That is all I need . I have imported text files but only the song name is grabbed.  How do I set it up the text file so it grabs that info? I have attached a text file to show how all mine are set up.
Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   CAN YOU POINT YOUR FINGERS.txt (Size: 899 bytes / Downloads: 5)
Put this at the start:

Title: CAN YOU POINT YOUR FINGERS

Artist: The Wiggles
Just in case you want to switch to ChordPro: SongPress https://www.skeed.it/songpress does a good job in converting songs automatically
You can download it for free from https://github.com/lallulli/songpress/releases/
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de