• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import behaviour jpg files vs. pdf files
I want to import a new song in MSP for which I have different versions. I have choosen a filename convention for jpg files like this:
My new song (V1).jpg
My new song (V2).jpg
After the import MSP confirms both files successfully imported. But checking the songlist shows only song "My new song (V1)" is present in MSP. Checking file details for song "My new song (V1)" shows that both files imported above belong to the same song.

Repeating the same steps but now with pdf files
My new song (V1).pdf
My new song (V2).pdf
results in two different songs in MSP. This is what I want.

For jpg files, is this expected behaviour? Can this feature be switched off?
MSP version is 2.5.9.

Thanks
I think that's the expected and sensible behavior. Batch importing PDFs usually indicates that they are different songs. Batch importing images usually means they are single pages of one song and belong into one entry in MSP.  I think it shouldn't be changed.
(04-07-2019, 08:02 PM)BRX Wrote: I think that's the expected and sensible behavior. Batch importing PDFs usually indicates that they are different songs. Batch importing images usually means they are single pages of one song and belong into one entry in MSP.  I think it shouldn't be changed.

Thanks for your anser:

From the documenatation I found this:

https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/M...etsPro.pdf
When importing multiple image files, whether through quick import or batch importing, file names are very important for determining if the images will be joined into one song, or placed in separate songs. In order for multiple image files to be joined into one song, their file names must be nearly identical with a different number at the end (i.e. MySong1.png and MySong2.png).

The documenatation talks about "nearly identical". Now we can diskuss if "...(V1).jpg"  is nearly identical to "...(V2).jpg"  :-)
A good option would be to have this feature configureable (on/off) in the settings.
Why did you create a separate thread for this issue? I will go ahead and delete the previous thread and paste my response from that one here:

If you are importing image files, the default behavior in MobileSheetsPro is to combine image files that have the same name except for a number at the end. This is done so that if you have "MySong1.png, MySong2.png, MySong3.png", they will be joined into one song in the library. If you use PDFs, you won't encounter this problem, as PDFs are not joined like that. So if you need to have your images separated into different songs, you will need to import each file individually. I can also look into adding a setting under Settings->Import Settings to "Join imported images with similar names" to control this if it's really important for you.

So if you need this be configurable, I will have to add an explicit setting for it.

Mike
Hi Mike,

sorry for this. I was not able to find the first thread I created so I thought something went wrong during creation.

Having this feature configureable would be realy helpful for me and our choir I am a member of. We have several Android tablets with MSP installation which would benefit here.

Thanks,
Rainer
I've added the setting with the update I'm releasing tonight.

Thanks,
Mike