• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Pedals
I also use the Airturn BT 105 with 2 pedals. For jumping (no page flipping), link points are ideal, as Graeme said.
I started out using a PageFlip Cicada and a Nexus 10. But, for my old eyes, the 10 was too small. So, I search the internet and found Toshiba AT330. It is 13 in vs. 10 in. So that helps. But, I now suspect it was a model not intended to be sold in the US. At least, I can't find any online support for it. The unit works quite well for me. I just hope I never have any trouble with it.

The Cicada works so-so. It main problem is it goes to sleep too quickly and sometimes disconnects. That is a scary contingency with playing.

So, I complained to PageFlip, and then upgraded to the PageFlip Firefly. The Firefly seems to have solved the issues the Cicada had, as far as I can tell. I have to qualify it because the Firefly refuses to connect with the Toshiba. It works fine with the Nexus.

So, I'm still struggling along with the Cicada.
I have the Toshiba Excite 13. I had problems with the Cicada (and the BT-105). I reverted back to the (wired) Billipro/Footime.

I think the Toshiba Excite 13 has been discontinued. It was very expensive and the dimensions are not perfect for full 1 page sheets (better than 10 inch tablets, but not perfect).

New large tablets have since some out the are more reasonably priced and seem better suited for this. I think my 13 inch Hannspree (which I am still suing as a backup) might be a decent option. But maybe the 12 inch Samsung may become the new standard.

Jeff

(05-03-2014, 11:51 PM)kenton Wrote: I started out using a PageFlip Cicada and a Nexus 10. But, for my old eyes, the 10 was too small. So, I search the internet and found Toshiba AT330. It is 13 in vs. 10 in. So that helps. But, I now suspect it was a model not intended to be sold in the US. At least, I can't find any online support for it. The unit works quite well for me. I just hope I never have any trouble with it.

The Cicada works so-so. It main problem is it goes to sleep too quickly and sometimes disconnects. That is a scary contingency with playing.

So, I complained to PageFlip, and then upgraded to the PageFlip Firefly. The Firefly seems to have solved the issues the Cicada had, as far as I can tell. I have to qualify it because the Firefly refuses to connect with the Toshiba. It works fine with the Nexus.

Jeff, tell me about the Hanspree. This is the first I've heard of it.

(05-04-2014, 05:32 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: I have the Toshiba Excite 13. I had problems with the Cicada (and the BT-105). I reverted back to the (wired) Billipro/Footime.

I think the Toshiba Excite 13 has been discontinued. It was very expensive and the dimensions are not perfect for full 1 page sheets (better than 10 inch tablets, but not perfect).

New large tablets have since some out the are more reasonably priced and seem better suited for this. I think my 13 inch Hannspree (which I am still suing as a backup) might be a decent option. But maybe the 12 inch Samsung may become the new standard.

Jeff

(05-03-2014, 11:51 PM)kenton Wrote: I started out using a PageFlip Cicada and a Nexus 10. But, for my old eyes, the 10 was too small. So, I search the internet and found Toshiba AT330. It is 13 in vs. 10 in. So that helps. But, I now suspect it was a model not intended to be sold in the US. At least, I can't find any online support for it. The unit works quite well for me. I just hope I never have any trouble with it.