• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recalling start of song
My Mobilsheets tablet is connected with Yamaha keyboard through USB. When I select a song in Library, begin of first page is displayed and keyboard is also switched to registration memory 1 (from 8 of that song) so that I can play it immediately. But when I stop anywhere in a middle of that song and want to start again from beginning, I press upper left corner of scereen to get to start of pdf sheet, but on keyboard I have to step couple of times on pedal to scroll (registration sequence) to registration memory 1 of the same song.
Is it possible to link that pressing of upper left corner of screen with switching also keyboard to registration memory 1?
Are you basically asking if I can transmit the MIDI commands when returning to the beginning of a song? I'm pretty sure a fair number of users would not want that, but I'll need to hear from more people before making a decision. If there is no consensus on the right way to handle this, then I'd have to add it as an option somewhere.

Mike
(01-23-2024, 05:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you basically asking if I can transmit the MIDI commands when returning to the beginning of a song? I'm pretty sure a fair number of users would not want that, but I'll need to hear from more people before making a decision. If there is no consensus on the right way to handle this, then I'd have to add it as an option somewhere.

Mike

Hello Mike,
thank you. I see it is not possible now, but there is still some hope. Maybe a couple of other colleagues would like to have this feature built in and give their vote here...
One option is to use a smart button to send the commands for your keyboard. You can then always just trigger the smart button at the start of the song if needed.

Mike
(01-24-2024, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: One option is to use a smart button to send the commands for your keyboard. You can then always just trigger the smart button at the start of the song if needed.

Mike

Great idea Mike. Smart buttons work perfectly for this.
Then I tried to make another smart button to stop MIDI song and „rewind“ it to beginning, but it didn't work. Nor listening to commands from keyboard (stop and rewind), nor using built-in commands Start MIDI and Stop MIDI didn't work. I don't know why.
After playing with it I see it is not as good as I thought before. Smart button activates Registration Memory 1 of a song, but doesn't bring the registration sequence to its starting point. Next pressing of pedal is not RM 2, but subsequent RM from point where I stopped playing a song. What a pity. My excitement was premature. :-(
A single smart button can send multiple commands, and you can insert pauses between commands if needed. If you are saying your keyboard won't respond properly to the MIDI commands or does not support what you need, that's another matter, but you should be able to send any MIDI commands you want in MobileSheets.

Mike