• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro: Chord Localization
I've removed the single setting for chord localization, and now when you tap it a dialog is displayed with two options: "Default source localization" and "Default display localization".  The settings work as you both described. I've updated the logic and the file now transposes as you would like. I also added support for {meta: notation [src] [display]} so that you can override one or both. Accepted values for those match what I support in the settings, which is:

Čeština
Deutsch
Scandinavian

Hopefully that covers everything.

Thanks,
Mike
Great job!

May I kindly suggest to (also) accept the common namings:
  • common and dutch (instead of default, which feels a wrong name -- my default is dutch, itsme's default is german);
  • german (AFAIK this is more widely used than Deutsch)

It would also be nice to have "latin" (Do, Re, Mi, ...) and "solfège" (same, but non-transposable).

I do not know what "Cestina" is.

As for the {meta: notation ...} I assume you consider this a song setting? I don't think it has much added value to change notation halfway a song.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Sure, I've added parsing for those values as well. Čeština is Czech. I can update the dropdown selections to show Czech and German when English is the current language.

Latin and solfège support would require a lot of changes. I don't currently have any code in place for representing chords as "Do, Re, Mi,..." and not many users have asked for that, so I'll have to add it to the feature request list for later. I get more requests for the Nashville numbering system. Perhaps I can tackle this all at once in a future update and also add support for Roman numerals for chords so that I've covered all bases. 

{meta: notation ...} will be parsed out when the document is first opened and applied for the entire document as an override to the default setting. I would not consider it a song setting as it won't show up anywhere in the application. I do not allow the notation to be changed halfway. The last {meta: notation ...} listed will override any others.

Mike
Smile 
(05-26-2019, 03:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Čeština is Czech.

Yes, I know... I just do not know Czech as a music notation variant.

Quote:{meta: notation ...} will be parsed out when the document is first opened and applied for the entire document as an override to the default setting.

Thanks, that's precisely what I meant when I said 'song setting'.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
If you look at my first post on the first page of this thread, I said this:

It is implemented. I followed the OnSong settings for localization as described here: 
  • Default displays chords as capital letters from A through G with flat or sharp symbols as needed. Minor chords are denoted by a lowercase "m" to the right of the chord.
  • Čeština displays chords in a convention familiar with the Czech language. This displays "B" as "H" and "Bb" as "B". In addition, minor chords are denoted by lowercase "mi".
  • Deutsch displays chords in a convention familiar with German-speaking people. This displays "B" as "H" and "Bb" as "B".
  • Scandinavian displays chords in a convention familiar with Scandinavian-speaking people. This displays "B" as "H" and "Bb" as "Bb".
So that's where I got it from.

Mike
Hi Mike, 
I'd like to re-open this thread because for me it would be very nice to have chords displayed in "latin" format (Do, Re, Mi...).
I've read that it would be a hard work, but I know italian users are a lot, so perhaps this feature would make happy a great number of italian musicians, like me.  Wink
Do you have any plan to add this feature to future releases?
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
It's certainly on my list of things to do. I'm not exactly sure on the timeline for it though. I'm currently making a lot of changes for chord pro files, so I could consider tackling this as part of that, but it will push the update out even further if I do that.

Mike