• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write my annotation into file
Hi there 
If i try to write my annotations into the file i get the error that the sd card is full or the destination is write protected. 
But the app has Access to the sd card even the export of songs to the sd card works fine. 
Did i miss something in the settings?

Second question: is it possible to write the annonations into a copy of the file to protect the Original one?

Btw I noticed even i made copy from a song with a different Name making annotations and Export it to the sd card the Original Name is used and the original file was overwritten. I have to Change the Name again during the export process then a new file is written to the card.
If you can answer the following, it would help me determine where the problem may be:

1) If you go to Settings->About, what version of MobileSheetsPro are you currently running? 
2) What OS version is your device running? 
3) What is the path to the SD card?
4) I'm assuming you changed your storage location to point to the SD card, correct? What storage location is listed under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location?

As for your second question, yes, long pressing the song and tapping Share->Export files is the preferred way to generate a new PDF with the annotations embedded. This ensures you can still modify the annotations in MobileSheetsPro if needed.

Mike
Hi Mike,

thank you for answering.

I tested this on two different devices with the same result.
Galaxy S7 edge with Android 8 (this is the device for testing befor i screw up something) :-)
The main Device is an Samsung Note Pro with Android 6.01
Mobile sheets version is 2.6.2

The path to the sd and the path to the storage location i attached as screenshot

Did you uncheck "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files"? I need to know if the file you are trying to write to is in the storage location or if it's in another location on the SD card. If you disabled that setting, then MobileSheetsPro will not have write access to the file and therefore can't modify it. I can explain this in further depth if that is the case.

Thanks,
Mike
...yes i did uncheck "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" and i try to wirte the file at the sd card into the folder where my files are located.
Ok i understand, it is not an problem for me, just wanted to know if i missed something in the settings.
As an alternative i can still use the export feature, witch works fine, and wirtes the files to the sd card.

thanks for the help!