• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song collection maintenance
I have my MSPro data on external SD card. I maintain my song collection on a (Linux) PC and I used to update my song collection from Linux to Android.

I say "used", since with every new Android version it becomes harder, and eventually impossible, to access data on the external SD card without brute force (i.e., rooting the device).

Looking for alternatives I was wondering whether it would be feasible to develop a small (Linux) tool that communicates with MSPro (just like the Companion) with the sole purpose of transferring updated song files from PC to Android. Would Zubersoft be willing to disclose the protocol that MSPro uses to communicate with the Companion?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The way it's set up right now, the interface is not something generic that could be easily accessed by an external utility. At startup, there are a series of messages that are expected between the companion app and the tablet such as the version numbers running on both, the settings specified on the tablet, and the database file. Are you literally just looking to transfer files to a specific location on the Android device, or are you also wanting to update the database? Depending upon what you want to do, there may or may not be an existing message that will fit your needs. If not, I'd be happy to add a new message after we discuss the details. I can share code with you so you can see what is required to get the initial connection set up, and then we can hash out the details. I think I'd prefer to do this through email or some other mechanism vs on the forums though.

Mike