• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.6.5] Wrong song displayed after quitting annotations editor
Hi Mike,

In the new release 2.6.5 I have noticed the following :

I am using two page display side by side, and I have the Title bar visible.

When I am going through the songs in a setlist, and a two page song is displayed.
When I then open the annotations editor for the second page of that song and cancel (or save), I am not returned to the song itself as would normally happen. In stead the next song in the setlist is displayed. In the Title Bar however, the name of the correct song is is still showing, and is now no longer matching the song displayed.
When I then tap to have the next song displayed, the title bar changes to show that next song, and the song shown does not change as it was allready being displayed.

This behaviour does not seem to occur when going through songs in the library song screen.

Thanks
Rudy
I've been trying to reproduce this and I'm not having any luck. If I have a setlist with two songs and the first song has two pages, I go to the second page, enter the annotations editor, and when I exit, it looks exactly like what I was viewing before. It doesn't seem to matter if I enable "Separate Songs in Two Page Mode" or not. It also doesn't matter if I change pages inside the annotations editor and then save - when I exit the annotations editor, I'm put back on the correct page. 

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late response, but I have injured my foot and have been in hospital. Still very imobile at the moment.

Because of my imobility I currently cannot use my main android device I noticed the problem on.
So today I tried the windows version of Mobilesheets and I have the same problem on it.

As you were not able to reproduce this yourself, I now also tried a different setlist, thinking that maybe it was a setlist issue
But I have the same problem in this other setlist too.

I made a video of it, but is too big to load here. I will send it to you by whatsapp.

Thanks

Rudy
I'm so sorry to hear about your injury Rudy! Any chance you can upload that video and share it through the cloud? I no longer have whatsapp set up. If not, no worries. It might also help if you can share the setlist as a .msf file so I can test with what you are using (unless I can reproduce it with any two page PDFs in any setlist, but that didn't work for me before). What display settings have you changed? Are you separating songs in the two page display mode?

Thanks,
Mike
This is a link to the video
hope it works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1joa8-Vg...sp=sharing
I have not changed any display settings I can remember. Yes I do separate songs 

I certainly can export a setlist for you. Will have to be tomorrow though.
Mike,

I have just send you the setlist by mail

Thanks
Rudy
It looks like this issue only occurs when using the alternate page turn mode. The reason it occurs is that normally pages would go 1,2 to 3,2, but because "Separate songs in two page mode" is selected, turning from page 1 to page 2 will actually show just page 3.  When the annotations editor exits, it's instructing the main display to go to page 2, which the main display interprets as "go to the next page" as the last viewed page was page 1, so it flips to page 3.  The logic for fixing this is probably going to get nasty, so the question is whether it's worth spending the effort on getting this working correctly versus just waiting for the annotations rework which is in progress. If this behavior is a major annoyance for you, then I can prioritize trying to fix the current design.

Thanks,
Mike
Strange, it feels the issue was not there before version 2.6.5 (or a few minors before that maybe) 
I remember noticing it just when I moved to 2.6.5 but cannot remember what version I was on before that ... Not very old one though. But maybe my feeling is misleading me ....

That beeing said, it is perfectly fine for me to wait for the annotations rework to have this fixed. Now worries

Thanks!

Rudy
Something did change in one of the more recent updates. I had been getting feedback that when users exited the annotations editor, they wanted the last page they were viewing to be the page shown in the main song display. There was a post on the forums about it not too long ago. So I changed the behavior so that the main display is commanded to show the same page as the annotations editor, and that's why you are seeing this problem now. None of this will be a problem with the new design as there isn't a separate editor screen for anything - it's all on the main song display and it works with any display mode.

Mike
(06-21-2019, 01:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: it's all on the main song display and it works with any display mode.

Wow ! That will be great !!

Thanks !