• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying a score pdf
Hello,
I have score that I've been annotating for a while as I work on it.  Today I realized that the last page was missing (my mistake).
So I opened the pdf from the MobileSheets corresponding folder and added the page to it with my pdf editor.  However, when I go to Mobilesheets the page is still missing even though when I check the pdf outside MSP it has the missing page ...
Isn't that the file that the application uses or is there a copy somewhere else?  I don't see an annotation file either in the folder so, where are the overlaid annotations saved?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
MobileSheets won't know to update the number of pages for the song, so you need to long press or right-click the song on the library screen, tap "Edit Song" at the top of the screen, go to the files tab, tap the page order field, and fix it so that it includes the last page. The changes coming with the next major update will handle this automatically as I'm adding a new field to the database that is necessary to know when the full range of pages from a file is used and that file is replaced with a new version.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
I actually had done that before but at the bottom it was showing "Number of pages 6" instead of the 7 that were in the file so I didn't try entering 1-7 because I assumed that it didn't see the last one.  The number of pages in the file is wrong, it should show the actual number of pages in the document ...   I entered now 1-7 and the number of pages changed to 7 but if I enter, say, 1-3 the "Pages in file" changes to 3 which is incorrect.
Anyway I'm glad that this will be fixed.
Cheers
Donner BT pedal
That isn't actually a bug. That label next to the page order is indicating the total number of pages that will be used for that file in the song. If you enter 1-3,1-3, then the total pages used for that file is 6. I will have to think of a better way to distinguish that from the raw number of pages in the file (which is shown at the top of the page order dialog for reference). So I'll either get rid of it that label entirely, or change it to read more like, "Number of pages: ", or "Total pages in page order: ". If you add like 5 different PDFs to the song, I just wanted there to be a quick way for the user to tell how many pages are present for each file in the song. 

Mike
Thanks Mike, sorry for the late response, I've been totally swamped with work.  I'm sure you'll come up with a clear solution.
Another question, sort of related:  How do I open a score at a certain page?
I'm playing on a trio and my part is 20 pages into the document. I'made a bookmark but I wonder if there is a way to open directly at that page.
Thanks
Donner BT pedal
(09-03-2020, 12:58 PM)palosanto Wrote: Thanks Mike, sorry for the late response, I've been totally swamped with work.  I'm sure you'll come up with a clear solution.
Another question, sort of related:  How do I open a score at a certain page?
I'm playing on a trio and my part is 20 pages into the document. I'made a bookmark but I wonder if there is a way to open directly at that page.
Thanks

Any ideas on this?
Donner BT pedal
You can type the page number directly there. (See Screenshot)
Or you can insert a Bookmark for the page.
Or just Start the file at page 20.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-08-2020, 07:04 AM)McAroni Wrote: You can type the page number directly there. (See Screenshot)
Or you can insert a Bookmark for the page.
Or just Start the file at page 20.

Thank you.
Donner BT pedal
Or make a Link point on the first page to the page you want to jump to.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7