• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank pages for printing unless Render Preference is set to "Speed"
I have been using MS for several years on an Android Tablet and just recently noticed that when I attempt to print a musical score (which appears fine on my display) the preview of the printed pages appears blank and the pages print as blank pages.  I found a fix for this.  When I go into Display Settings and change the Render Preference from Quality to Speed, the pages appear normal and print properly.  Changing back to Quality brings back the blank pages.  This is the behavior no matter what printer I choose, including "Save as PDF."  I'm fine with leaving the Render Preference set to "Speed."  Just want to help any others who might be experiencing the same trouble.

By the way, I am using an HP Pro Slate 12 which runs Android 5.1.1 and my MobileSheetsPro version is 2.6.5 from Google Play.

If there's a better fix for this, one which allows the rendering to be set to "quality," let me know.  In the meantime, I'm glad it works again.

DavidL
Does that occur for any PDF you use or only certain ones? I don't seem to have any problems with the print preview using the Quality setting on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 which is also running Android 5.1.1.

Thanks,
Mike
It occurs for every PDF I've tried so far (about a dozen different ones, repeated on two separate days).  It also occurs for printing to printers both at my home and at my work.  It doesn't seem to be printer-specific.

I got the idea to change the Rendering from "Quality" to "Speed" by reading a 6-19-2018 post on the forum with this title: Notes do not display, only annotations.  In that thread the moderator suggested changing the Rendering, and it also worked in my (somewhat different) situation.  Notes do not display, only annotations

In case it's helpful, here's the system info from my tablet:

Processor: Qualcomm MSM8942PRO-AB
Android Version:  5.1.1
Kernel version:
3.4.0-g606feec4
androidbuild@cdc-linux-buildsrv13 #1
Tue Aug 25 12:27:17 CST 2015
Build Number:  2.04.11 LMY47V
The same here. No print preview and blank Pages. At "Speed" settings everything is fine.
Galaxy Note Pro 
Android 6.0.1
If one of you can long press your song, select Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com, I'd like to test it out to see if I can reproduce the problem using your song/file. At the moment, I can't see the issue and I'm not sure what is different about our setups that would cause this. I've tested on a number of different devices and they all seem to work for me, but I'm using the same set of test files on each.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I sended you an email. Thank you.
Silvio
While testing, I realized we were probably testing the printing in different ways. I was long pressing the song on the library screen, tapping the three dots at the top right and then tapping "Print". That method has been around the longest and works fine. You can also print through the song overlay by tapping the circle at the bottom left. When I tested that approach, I saw the same blank page as you. So now that I know where the problem is, I should be able to get it fixed. If you need a workaround in the meantime, print from the main library screen instead of using the option in the song overlay.

Mike
Yes we are printing on different ways. In the library screen printing works fine. I tried to print through the  Song overlay.

Thank you Mike
Same over here: Exporting the annotated PDF by printing via library screen works, doing so via the circle tapping at bottom left does not.

System: Samsung SM-P900, Android 5.0.2

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
I have the same problem with blank pages and it doesnt seem to help with ether speed or quality.
Nor does it work with printing from the library screen.
The problem only occurs with newer songs, created this month or so. 
Older songs can be printer with quality rendering and from any printbutton.
Are you running version 2.9.6? You can check that under Settings->About. If not, please update to version 2.9.6 and see if the problem is no longer present, as I believe I made changes awhile back to address this. If you still encounter the problem with version 2.9.6, please long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and email that to mike@zubersoft.com so I can try testing to see if I can reproduce the issue. Also please let me know what kind of Android device are you using and which OS version is it running?

Thanks,
Mike