• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 still no Mac version ?
Title says all.... Huh
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5123
Are you wanting MobileSheets for Mac or iOS? The two are very different so I want to make sure which one you are referring to.

Mike
"Are you wanting MobileSheets for Mac or iOS? The two are very different so I want to make sure which one you are referring to."

Yes, I am 100% aware these are two separate things.  It just happens that I have a Macbook laptop while I have an Asus Android Tablet... I'd rather edit things on the Mac *just* because it sits in front of me at home (my other laptop is a Windows machine and it sits under the desk - I do a lot of stuff on it *remotely" and even plugging a USB to it is a bit cumbersome.

I understand everything was developed for Android and Windows initially but  I want more integration to suit my setup - I sure there are others that would like and a lot would love a Mac version o MSP.

Way back in 2014 I had the old version and I fumbled a little to get stuff from "computer" to the tablet. I thought now I should ask since I joined a band again and we have lined up gigs coming.

Thanks. I really like MobileSheetsPro and will continue using it despite not having a OS X Companion.
When the iOS version is released, I plan on releasing a Mac-compatible version of the companion app soon after. I thought you were wanting MobileSheets for Mac though (not just the companion app) which would be a much bigger project.

Mike
(07-01-2019, 09:16 AM)adelara Wrote: It just happens that I have a Macbook laptop while I have an Asus Android Tablet... I'd rather edit things on the Mac *just* because it sits in front of me at home...

Did you try running an android emulator with MSPro on the Macbook?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
You know what ? I was a bit too excited with things when I initially posted.  Now that I have bought the new MSP I realize that I really don't need the companion as I can import from the cloud (woohoooo, thanks Mike !!!) - my Google Drive: that made me think that the companion became not so relevant, so I'm good !

Now, for the IOS version of MSP... I have no comments but I definitely will take all your comments into consideration :-)
(07-01-2019, 04:24 PM)sciurius Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 09:16 AM)adelara Wrote: It just happens that I have a Macbook laptop while I have an Asus Android Tablet... I'd rather edit things on the Mac *just* because it sits in front of me at home...

ugh... Thanks Johan but I have not. I am at that point that I'd rather skip middle-field things :-)

What ended up working ok for me, was to put all my stuff on Google Drive and I could get them from there over the wifi.
(07-01-2019, 04:24 PM)sciurius Wrote:

I downloaded BlueStacks and it's running on my MacBook Pro. I'm signed in to Google Play Store.  When I click the Mobile Sheets app in the store, the only option I have is to buy it.  I just went ahead and bought it again. I got a prompt saying "error, you already own this" but yet my bank was still charged Sad

Can MSP be installed on an Android Emulator?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Android Emulator ? Heck, no. I don't want insert yet another layer in the problem :-)

Anyway, as a friend of mine in support used to say, "leave the users wishing long enough and they will come up with the solution or they will adapt"... so I have get used to importing stuff from Google Drive, on the app running on the tablet, and it's been working alright enough to make me not worry too much with the companion.
The thing with the companion is that it runs on a computer where we have a real keyboard instead of these "workarounds" on tablets - yeah, I consider everything that is not a real keyboard, just workarounds....
I'm good... I'm trying to be good and use the app...
I responded to Dallas through email, but yes, MobileSheetsPro can certainly run in an Android emulator. Many users have done this. Running the native app version is always better though.

Mike
I have been running the MSP Companion app on my Mac since 2013. I use VMware Fusion to host a virtual machine running Windows 10. I configure the VM to mount my Home directory, so I can edit PDFs using Mac tools, and batch-import them to my tablets using the MSP companion.

Admittedly I am a software developer and use virtual machines professionally, so using one for the MSP companion is no big deal for me. YMMV.