• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Collection from Multiple Setlists
Hi Mike

Having created many set lists for nursing home gigs, I decided I would put the songs a collection; this would allow me to filter with this collection rather than picking from all the songs.

Having selected all the required setlists, I used the menus to "Create Collection from Songs"
When I open up the new collection, I have 853 entries - the setlists should have been been selected from a subset of  a collection that contains 264 songs.

Looking at the setlist, I see that most, if not all, songs have multiple entries. The duplicates for a song title all appear to be referencing the same file.

This persists after closing /reopening MSP i.e. it is in the database rather than just a display error as a result of creating the collection.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Did you try creating the collection first (empty, or by "Create Collection from Songs" with only one setlist selected) and in a second step call "Add Songs to Collection" ?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks itsme

I just used the "Create Collection from Songs" option to add all the setlists in the same operation.

Creating an empty collection first and then adding the 100+ setlists does work; after discarding those songs I don't want, I now have 80 odd entries

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I assume then that there is no way to add setlists to a collection so that a collectioncan act as a folder?
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iPadOS17. Samsung tablet, Android14. Samsung cell phone (Note10Lite), Android13.
Yes you can; just select the setlists you want to add to an existing collection, 3 vertical dots at top of screen and choose the appropriate menu item. The collections will then contain all the songs mentioned in the setlist(s).
Note: a song can exist in multiple collections (and setlists)

The problem I had (no idea if it still exists) was that I didn't create the collection first.

What you can't do is create a collection that just consists of setlists (like a subfolder of setlists)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6