• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with touch detection - v2.7.0 (eink)
I have also been having issues with touch detection since I started using MSPro a month ago. Regardless of what I was doing, my Max2 Pro E-ink screen becomes less and less sensitive to finger taps over time, especially near the edges of the screen, while the stylus always worked fine. Rebooting the device would always fix things, at least for a while.

Then I noticed that I could also always fix things by tapping the Hand Touch on/off toggle on the Notification Bar (between the Pageturn/volume and the A2 Mode on/off toggles), or even just touching the Notification Bar. (Yet another use for the new MSP Fullscreen toggle).

When I inquired at Onyx Boox tech support their suggestion was:

"From the main screen go to the settings and choose "Restore to factory settings".  
    Untick the field "Erase internal storage" to avoid file deleting. Wait until the device
    reboots and check up the touch screen."

I'm quite reluctant to try this and risk losing my data and apps, as the Max manual says:

"To run the function of factory reset removes all of the user data."

By the way, washing my hands or cleaning the screen do not seem to help. I was wondering how to clean the screen, but Onyx support didn't answer that question.

I just installed the MSP version 2.7.1 update. I'll see if that helps, though it might just be a firmware issue with OS touch detection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with touch detection - v2.7.0 (eink) - by mike golding - 08-18-2019, 01:42 AM